ASK THE CHECKERS: Joe and Norma Delia (Starts Nov. 11)

Here we'll stuff all those things we want to keep for later reading. Like the "Ask the musher"-series.

Suggestions for topics to be moved here are welcome!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ASK THE CHECKERS: Joe and Norma Delia (Starts Nov. 11)

Postby sugarriver » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Norma wrote: Nope, don't know where I'd go altho I do believe God lives in Oregon. What a gorgeous state that is!!

You would love it here and it would love you. Many, many of our commercial fishing friends have "retired" here. Your quiet strength, sense of humor and independent spirit would be a lovely fit. :)

I so enjoy reading your stories and answers. Thank you so much for your kind participation and time. Please stay as a valued friend on our forum - it is a wonderful group of enthusiasts and we would value your input all year long. We have enough bongos :o and weirdos :twisted: and enough hidden talent to keep life uber-interesting, PLUS we all care very deeply for and bring out the best in each other over and over. The long days and longer nights during the race are full of astounding bonding, zaniness and caring, and the rest of the year just brings us closer.

(And besides all else, there are umbrella drinks and brownies. :D )
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Postby mamamia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 pm

And speaking of drinks with purple umbrellas, I raise mine to Joe and Norma! Well done you two! Cheers!
mamamia

Postby Heidi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 am

mamamia wrote:And speaking of drinks with purple umbrellas, I raise mine to Joe and Norma! Well done you two! Cheers!

Raising mine too! Thank you so much, and BIG HUGS to you and Joe!!! :)
Heidi

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:05 pm

A "raised purple umbrella" drink is about as "high praise" as you get around here and you and Joe certainly deserve one (maybe two :roll: ). What great stories you shared and your openness is delightful. Thanks again for your participation and blessings to you and Joe.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby braider » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:41 pm

I thank you both for your being the great Idit volunteers that you have ...and for your participation in this forum. Take care, ...Dave
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby fladogfan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I sure enjoyed your stories about the wild animals who adopted you. Amazing about the bear cub surviving the winter.
You are very kind to take time to be with us. Sure hope we see you here often and the sleepover sounds like fun.
snowdance....snowdance....snowdance....snowdance....snowdance....snowdance.... ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Norma, thank you. Joe, if you've been looking over Norma's shoulder during her visits here, thank you, too. ;) Thank you both for your remarkable contributions to the race--that would be the Iditarod race AND the human race! :D

We've enjoyed your stories and your presence here tremendously. Thank you for taking the time from what must be a crazy hectic schedule getting ready for the next of your life's adventures. Wherever you land, I hope it's softly. Virtually, we all hope you won't go far.

So, before the thread is locked, we'd just like to bestow upon you official, certified, esteemed (well, sort of), valued (at least by us), honorary Iditabud-ness. There are no crowns, no robes. Just a circle of friends with whom to follow the race. ;)

Love, hugs and kisses from your Iditabud friends. ;) :) :D :) ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Previous

Return to Archive