ASK THE MUSHER Vol 1: Karen Ramstead

Here we'll stuff all those things we want to keep for later reading. Like the "Ask the musher"-series.

Suggestions for topics to be moved here are welcome!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: First Installment: Ask the Musher...Karen Ramstead

Postby northwapiti » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:24 pm

I do Breeze - and I am deeply touched by it.

Karen
northwapiti

Postby lower48fan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 pm

Thank you Karen for being the 1st musher to participate in this forum. I very much enjoyed reading questions & answers here directly from you and feel honored to participate here on the forum, what a great opportunity for anyone to learn from an iditarod finisher what goes on in YOUR mushing world. Thank you so much from Illinois, have a great trip back home!
lower48fan

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:12 am

hi karen thank you SO much for taking the time out of your busy day each day to answer the questions, its a pleasure having you on the forum and part of the bssd family, a real rare treat! i know that a lot of the guys here are totaly stoked that they have gotten to chat to a musher. your a wonderful person and always have time to stop and chat and help others. we are very honored to have you!!!

have a safe trip home to North wapiti and all the woooowowowoooooOOing four paws there, give mark a big hug from all of us too and each and every dog an ear scritch.

happy trails home and catch up when your refreshed and relaxed and the chores are taken care of.

matt

(and a bunch of howling at the meat delivery man siberians in the uk)
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:23 am

Thanks, Karen, for being a Real Person. ;) I've been a fan for a long time, even got to chat with you briefly in New Hampshire where you autographed a copy of Pretty Sled Dogs for me. I'm just a little OLD rec musher with five dogs in my kennel--which kennel happens to be the couch and a chair at the moment. ;) My aspirations go no further than the local trail systems, but thanks to you and others like you, those trails ARE the Iditarod Trail for me. My dogs have enriched my life beyond measure. Your adventures and tails from the trails enrich it as well. Next year, when you're again out on some lonesome, cold, and windswept expanse, listen carefully and you'll hear me and so many others calling your dogs up the trail to Nome. God bless. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:54 am

Thank you so much, Karen, for joining us here and for all you do for the armchair mushing community. :) :)

Safe travels on your way home to Canada.
Heidi

Previous

Return to Archive