ASK THE MUSHER Vol 10: Mitch Seavey

Here we'll stuff all those things we want to keep for later reading. Like the "Ask the musher"-series.

Suggestions for topics to be moved here are welcome!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ASK THE MUSHER Vol 10: Mitch Seavey (12/10 thru 12/16)

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm

great new about the book mitch...any idea when it might be out? could you post to the UK?

how do you go about training your dogs for the summer shows? is there any video of it on the web? we have done a few talks at dog events with our teams but be really intersting to see what you do, its sounds fantastic...being in england -UK, its a bit far to come to watch them haha.

do you often use handlers during the race season? a goal of mine would be to run the race one day ( i did have a 5 year plan before the resession hit the UK)
any advice for an overseas would be rookie?

best wishes

matt
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tilstede » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello from Norway :-)

Just a quick question, its bedtime in Europe now ... but could you please influence on your Ultimate Idirarod-son, maybe by even using fatherly authority, and make him to do postings on his web site during Iditarod 2009?

And tell him that I faithfully, during Iditarod 2008, appr. 5 times a day visited his site to check for new articles (which never appeared). And that I will repeat the procedure even next year :-)

Thanks, good luck - you'll be on my Top Ten-list again in march :-)
tilstede

Postby mitchseavey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Tyrell (the ultimate iditarod son) is spending the winter in Costa Rica with his new bride, and will not likely have much inside info on the Iditarod. We occasionally post things on our site, but nothing regularly.

My dad went up to Anchorage to proof the book today, should be ready before Iditarod. We'll keep updates on our website.

As far as my mom's involvement, she does everything that can be done in a controlled temperature setting. She not only feeds and keeps house for all the boys, but for years ran the business, solicited sponsors, manages the finanaces, and taught the kids. Never do any of us go on a run that she hasn't prepared a thermous and sandwich, and we all love her. Thanks mom.

Thank you all for the questions, if I missed one, feel free to e-mail me.

Merry Christmas, and see you at Iditarod.
mitchseavey

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 pm

thanks mitch and danny! happy christmas to you all! ^..^
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Heidi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Thank you so much for joining us Mitch and Danny! It was great to have you here sharing your trail stories with us. :D

We wish you and your family all the best in the 2009 racing season. :)
Heidi

Previous

Return to Archive