ASK THE MUSHER Vol 14: Brent Sass

Here we'll stuff all those things we want to keep for later reading. Like the "Ask the musher"-series.

Suggestions for topics to be moved here are welcome!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ASK THE MUSHER Vol 14: Brent Sass (he's still here!)

Postby Brent Sass » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 pm

WHAT A GREAT RACE. It is awesome to see all of my Quest Buds up front. You guys asked about weather it is become a huge factor in this race. teams not use to running through snow are getting slowed down, a tough team is going to Win this race. Martin Buser is by far the surprise in the race he is known for going right out of the blocks and setting the pace this race he has taken a different strategy. He has been holding back throughout the race and now has made his move and is going on to probably Ophir for his 24. the race always seems to sort it self out after the 24 hour. At that point we can actually see who is in the lead and who has the strongest team. I would look for Ramey smyth to make a big move in the second half of the race. he is a very strong musher and like me helps the dogs alot him and his brother Cim have had the fastest times in the last few legs of the race in the past. It is still anybodies race that is for sure. I love how jeff and Lance are having a repeat of last year and staying real close there is a great rivalry there that is going to be very exciting in the end. I have been watching all the vidoes and everybodies dogs look great going in and out of Checkpioint but Bjorner Andersons team stuck out top me. When he was leaving Mcgrath his dogs were braking and banging the harness, his has also had some of the fastest run times between checkpoints. If I had to predict it now would say things it will stay pretty tight for another couple hundred miles and then look for Lance and Jeff to make there moves. with Buser, Sebastian, Hugh and both Andersons especially ken he is known for coming out of nowhere in the end. Gebhradt is alos a guy who deserves to win this race. I can spit out names all day after the 24 things will be alot mroe clear and I will comment again. enjoy the race

Brent
Brent Sass

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for the insight! Ready for the 24s to be over!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Wooo Hoooo Brent's back! Thanks for the thoughts, keep'em coming! :D
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:55 am

thanks brent , well done for your quest efforts by the way...

those times are gonna be real close i think over the next few days, jeff and lance are gonna be having a private dual.

great to have another distance mushers insights into the race thanks brent
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Both of these pictures are used with permission from John Hagen/Yukon Quest

brent6.jpg

brent5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heidi

Postby CynCyn37 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:37 pm

So Brent, can you tell us the joke?
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Brent Sass » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello all
Sorry for not being around much but it is still Mushing season and I got sick of watching everyone else have fun out there so I went and did a 200 miler this last weekend and am leaving in the morning for a 7 day trip with the dogs to get them ready for the last race of the season. The Yukon Flats 300 starts on april 1st. this Will be the first running of it and I am excited to hit the trail. How about that Iditarod!! lance is nothing short of amazing. and your question about weather this was the perfect race to show that weather is everything. Wish I could of been out there those were my kind of conditions. look for the smyth brothers to finish strong along with Jessie royer the fight for 4th is on. Thanks so much for having me. stay tuned to my blog, i have a very exciting summer of puppies ahead and the 2010 season is sure to be another wild and crazy ride. Thanks again for having me

Back to the trail

Brent and the Wild and Free Gang
Brent Sass

Postby Brent Sass » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:44 pm

what Joke??
Brent Sass

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:45 am

:D

Thank you so much, Brent, for joining us here. We have enjoyed having you! Good luck on all your future endeavors and we wish you all the best!

And like Brent said, be sure to check out his website for all the latest! :)

http://www.wildandfreealaska.com/
Heidi

Previous

Return to Archive