ASK THE MUSHER Vol 14: Brent Sass

Here we'll stuff all those things we want to keep for later reading. Like the "Ask the musher"-series.

Suggestions for topics to be moved here are welcome!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ASK THE MUSHER Vol 14: Brent Sass (starts 2/27)

Postby CynCyn37 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Brent Sass wrote:
fladogfan wrote:Brent, I maybe missed this question and answer, but why and when did you withdraw from the Iditarod?

I came to the reality that I was not going to be able to affordit and withdrew back in nov. it was hard but I wanted to do one of the races justice and my focus is on the Quest until i WIN it!!

Next year.....you are my #1 again!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 pm

You are not only a nice guy, but have common sense also.
Best of luck in your quest of a Quest win :D I'm rooting for you !!
2010 sounds like a good year to do that :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Brent Sass » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Heidi wrote:Hi Brent! I'm enjoying reading your responses!

My questions:

--What's your favorite trail memory (on or off a race, doesn't matter)?

--What's the funniest thing that has ever happened to you or that you have witnessed on the trail (on or off a race)?

--Will you be working again this summer at Trail Breaker Kennel? Speaking of which, how are David, Tekla and Chisana doing these days? I hope one day one of the girls follows in her mother's footsteps.

--Are you going to the start/restart of the Iditarod?

Thanks Brent! :)

Hiedi good Questions Tough Questions

There are so many memories out there it is impossible to pick the best on but one of my most memorable experiences was the 2006 Quest 300 my vary first race where we conquered eagle summit in one of the worst storms ever, Helped a musher get off the mountain after he lost his team and then went on too win the race, this experience really got me excited about mushing and helped me realize that this was my calling!!

one of the Funniest things out there on the trail is the millions of times that I just fall asleep and wake up dragging in the snow on the side of the trail. this happened multiple times in the race this year. it always exciting to wake up to a face full of snow laying on the side of the trail and have all the dogs looking at you going ok man lets go. thats when i getup say sorry get going agian and find myself in the same position 5 minutes later!!

Yes I will be working at TBK again and David and the Girls are doing great!!

No i will not be at the Iditrod start I followed the race very closely last year but this year I ma staying home to continue training my dogs and get into some late season races

thanks again for the Questions
Brent Sass

Postby Brent Sass » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 pm

fladogfan wrote:You are not only a nice guy, but have common sense also.
Best of luck in your quest of a Quest win :D I'm rooting for you !!
2010 sounds like a good year to do that :D

Thanks thats the Plan!!!
Brent Sass

Postby Brent Sass » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:18 pm

CynCyn37 wrote:Ewwww! That is the only time my 'prissy' girl comes out. It is all my mother's fault. She bathed me 3 times a day when I was a baby!!

So Brent will you pick my Top 10 for me so I won't be last or next to last again???? LOL!! Seriously though, how much weight would you give to the poor weather conditions in your picks, if any? Larger teams, Sibes?

Thanks so much for hanging around. Maybe you can explain what is happening in the Race.

Weather is a huge factor bad weather can take even the best in the business out and can propel others. Mother nature is the biggest wild card of te race and the reason very few people are able to predict the race results. Larger teams if they are healthy are huge. I had more dogs longer into the race then I have ever had and I know it helped.

heres your top 11

1Lance Mackey
2Jeff King
3Mitch Seavey
4Paul Gebhart
5Ken Anderson
6Ramey Smyth
7Hugh Neff
8 Bjornar Anderson
9Martin Buser
10Hans Gatt
11Sebastian Schnuelle
Brent Sass

Postby CynCyn37 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Brent Sass wrote:
CynCyn37 wrote:Ewwww! That is the only time my 'prissy' girl comes out. It is all my mother's fault. She bathed me 3 times a day when I was a baby!!

So Brent will you pick my Top 10 for me so I won't be last or next to last again???? LOL!! Seriously though, how much weight would you give to the poor weather conditions in your picks, if any? Larger teams, Sibes?

Thanks so much for hanging around. Maybe you can explain what is happening in the Race.

Weather is a huge factor bad weather can take even the best in the business out and can propel others. Mother nature is the biggest wild card of te race and the reason very few people are able to predict the race results. Larger teams if they are healthy are huge. I had more dogs longer into the race then I have ever had and I know it helped.

heres your top 11

1Lance Mackey
2Jeff King
3Mitch Seavey
4Paul Gebhart
5Ken Anderson
6Ramey Smyth
7Hugh Neff
8 Bjornar Anderson
9Martin Buser
10Hans Gatt
11Sebastian Schnuelle

Yippee!!! If I win, I will send you the prize! Thanks a bunch!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Re: ASK THE MUSHER Vol 14: Brent Sass (he's still here!)

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 pm

:D Thanks for agreeing to stick around Brent, guess we are all too caught up in the race to ask questions! We'd love to hear your thoughts about it though so feel free! ;) :lol:
Di*

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Di* wrote::D Thanks for agreeing to stick around Brent, guess we are all too caught up in the race to ask questions! We'd love to hear your thoughts about it though so feel free! ;) :lol:

Yes, pleas join us at cracking mysteries along the trail :D !

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 am

Yes Brent, We are too busy right now, but would love your input on what's going on in the race.
So chime in anytime ;)
Thanks for hanging around :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Yes, waiting on your analysis! :D :D
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Archive