Testing Flash Stream - Live in Unalakleet

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Testing Flash Stream - Live in Unalakleet

Postby Johncn » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Hello,

If anyone wants to help us test an alternative to QuickTime, Damon is running a live stream to test things out.

We will be offering all streams in QuickTime and Flash...if this works 8-)

Here is the thread for the test:

http://mushing.bssd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=105

He is also on Skype if you want to provide any live feedback:

SkyeID: dhargraves

Regards,

JTC
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Testing Flash Stream - Live in Unalakleet

Postby dilli » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Waves to whoever is sitting and looking at his monitor with a serious expression on his face :lol:

I clicked the circling arrow thingy .. about 10 seconds for choppy audio and video to come up . .. buffering might be chopping stuff up? not sure .. heard choppy country music in background. :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby dhargraves » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Ok, that was me working at my desk. We did a test broadcast a about four hours today and it was a huge success (though not very exciting for those watching). Thanks for the help, those of you who tuned in. It helped us test the reliability of the system under reasonable use. The country music was a request from one of the viewers, and though the side of my head is extremely interesting, I personally can't wait until we start the real thing.
Damon Hargraves
Distance Learning Facilitator
Bering Strait School District
http://blog.bssd.org
My status
dhargraves

Skype ID: dhargraves

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:49 am

A question about the chat: do I have to go via the ustream page or is it possible to incorporate it directly here?

I thought the test was very successful. Both sound and picture was excellent, although the images became a bit blurry when you made quick movements. I think that might be the camera, though.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Return to Mushing Talk