ITC weirdness

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ITC weirdness

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 am

Yes, but look at shipping costs at Iditarod Store. $10.45 to ship a $5.00 race program, :o which could be stuck in a manila envelope for about $1.98! The ITC is fast alienating it's core base of followers and supporters. :(

MelanieGouldFan
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:01 am

OMG as if navigating around the user unfriendly official site isn't a nightmare enough .. now this .. :shock:
and :? *some* people wonder why we b*** and complain. :roll:

From the Irod forums

Is Insider Slow or "Timing Out" for You?
by Iditarod Insider on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 am

If you're trying to subscribe, renew or log into Iditarod Insider, some of you may experience temporary "stalls" or see an occasional error.

Traffic is heating up right now, and the servers are having a hard time keeping up.We're in the middle of adding new servers at this very moment -- they were supposed to be ready much earlier, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we're only now able to get them configured and in service.
Please hang in there with us, everything should speed back up soon -- and definitely in time for the start of the race!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Moose » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:14 am

Without meaning to offend anyone--and apologies up front if I do--but this is so frustrating. We're a mere 24 hours away from the race, and the start order hasn't been posted and access is painfully slow (even for high-speed cable). Sigh. :?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:54 am

its become the awful-site of the last great race not the official-site of the last great race. no musher starting orders, truoble with the servers and we havnt even reached start day yet, im praying for ya ITC hope you get it sorted quick, im sure you have some top lead dogs on the go working around the clock!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby carolynh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:44 am

All I can say is that it just wouldn't be a normal Itidarod without servers crashing, late results, missed results and log-in problems. If everything ever gets all fixed, we won't know how to act. It might even be boring.

Carolyn H.
carolynh

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:29 pm

ROFL (((carolynh))))
You have a good point but it sure would be nice if everything worked right just once .. howl .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

we sure aren't going to be bored this year .. that's a fact :lol: :lol: :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby carolynh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 pm

I can't believe the ITC doesn't have the start list up on their site yet. Is there even any new news on the site for today?? Perhaps that banquet last night took its toll...

Carolyn H.
carolynh

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:29 pm

im sure there working on it, keep going guys! you still got 18 hours or so ! throwing brownies to keep the ITC workers fed and ticking over so they hopefuly get it fixed etc in time for the start!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Agree. Let's calm down with a soothing cuppa and brownies (or scones with my mate Marmite for those who prefer to poison themselves ;) )
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby klmobile » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:46 pm

MelanieGouldFanBrian wrote:Yes, but look at shipping costs at Iditarod Store. $10.45 to ship a $5.00 race program, :o which could be stuck in a manila envelope for about $1.98! The ITC is fast alienating it's core base of followers and supporters. :(

MelanieGouldFan

I think it was more than $10.45 :)
But all I have to do is look up and See that big smile on lance's face pointing to the #13 bib as he's coming up the street in Nome.... and I get a big smile too!!
I've been trying to log on to Insider, and after about a 10 minute wait it tells me I'm already logged on some where else so I can't log in from work.
I guess I need to remember to log out at home :roll:
And carolynh...I agree with Dilli :lol: :lol: :lol: you're cracking me up!!
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk