Jr Iditarod

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Jr Iditarod

Postby mithious » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Patrick and Fawn into Yentna...man those kids are flying :D :D :D fastest time 12.30....Fawn :D :D :D Jessica passed 16 teams :shock: :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby mithious » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 pm

11 kids into Yentna all within an hour of each other :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D Those kids ROCK!!!! :D :D 8-) Our future Iditarod mushers..... :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey did anyone know Fawn is running Seavey dogs? he he he AND the fastest time into Yentna 12.30 passing 10 teams and Jessica passed 16 teams with the second fastest time into Yentna at 12.10 ...way to go girls :D :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:23 pm

20 out of 21 are into Yentna for their man 10's......all VERY close.....these kids are good :D 8-) :D 8-) :D 8-) Wish I could stay up, but am getting sleepy......have been trying to get on AK time.....ya right :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess once there will have to do ;) I hope if I fall asleep during something...no one takes offense ;) :shock: :lol: Going to have to call it a day soon here......trying to stay awake to see the last kid into Yentna :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Just noticed Ava's got the fastest time into Yentna with 12:40.... :shock: That's moving!!!!! :D :D :D I am in AWE of these kids :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby eluciq_kennels » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:43 am

Yes...the trail is hard and fast. The snow is crunchy...so most teams bootied up their dogs, so they could avoid any injuries on their doggies pads. The temps in the morning were around 5F, but had warmed up once the sun started to hit Willow Lake.

Here is Charlie at the start...not the fastest dogs, but he is sooooo good with his dogs and an amazingly patient teenager/musher!

IMG_6032.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eluciq_kennels

Postby Heidi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:59 am

eluciq_kennels wrote:
Here is Charlie at the start...not the fastest dogs, but he is sooooo good with his dogs and an amazingly patient teenager/musher!

Thanks for the pic!! :) Got any more? :D
Heidi

Postby eluciq_kennels » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:19 am

...here are some more pics, but we are a wee bit bias and only have shots of Charlie...actually that was my job...to get photos while everyone was busy helping with the sled, harnesses, booties and putting dogs on the line.

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eluciq_kennels

Postby flathornlake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:33 am

Jessica has won the race. Cain was second. Quinn was third. Looks like it was a great race.

I have told my family and friends that for the last 10 days I thought that she was going to win.
flathornlake

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:45 am

wow! i missed the race as was away doing sled dog demos at show all weekend! :cry:
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk