Iditarod Iditadeck...by a Homeschoolin' Mama

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Iditarod Iditadeck...by a Homeschoolin' Mama

Postby eluciq_kennels » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:18 pm

This is so cool...you have to check it out. It is a great game that meets quite a bit of standards.

Iditarod Iditadeck Game! by martinzoo

She even made a card for my boys' with their daddy on it...

Rick_Holt.jpg

My guys just love it and have been having a great time reading all the information that comes on each card...well and to have a playing card with their daddy on it...that makes it even more meaningful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eluciq_kennels

Re: Iditarod Iditadeck...by a Homeschoolin' Mama

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow! Without having tried the game (yet) it seems to be inspired a lot by the Lord of the Rings TCG and to a lesser degree by Magic: The Gathering.
Thanks for the link. I'm a gamer so I'll try this out next time my gaming group comes together.

Edit: Speaking of games, does anyone know if "Mush" (board game) is still in production?
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby CynCyn37 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm

This is awesome. Wish I was still teaching. You should get this to the ITC Education Committee! If you haven't already!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Di* » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:17 pm

This is really cool my son needs all the math practice he can get! Has anyone downloaded this game yet? How long does it take? I have dial-up so figure it would take quite a while.....I really want to do this though!
Di*

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:18 am

I've downloaded it. I've got a really fast connection so I had it down in a matter of seconds. Don't know how long it would take on DU - not too long, i think, because it's only a few megabytes. Haven't tried the game yet, though.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:59 am

even if you dont use them to play with they are still just a lovely set of cards, they look great and you should maybe look into marketing them as a school educational idea. bet the bssd kids would love to play and i bet they would be come sort after collectors items for fans too!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:04 am

MotorWerk wrote:I've downloaded it. I've got a really fast connection so I had it down in a matter of seconds

OH Motorwerk I'm jealous :mrgreen: :lol:

I clicked on it last night while I read the site (about 5mins) and I didn't want to hang out there any longer so just ended it...maybe I'll try again today when I have more time. How many cards are there?
Di*

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:29 am

48. The file is just over 5 MB.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Return to Mushing Talk