Rumor or Reality? - Iditarod Reality Series

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Rumor or Reality? - Iditarod Reality Series

Postby Johncn » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Hey Folks,

I've heard rumors the last few days about a reality television show involving some of this year's mushers.

The rumors - and these are just rumors as far as I know - say that some of the teams will be wired for audio and video for the ENTIRE race :!: :?: :!: :o

Does anybody have the skinny on this? That would be so hot!

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Rumor or Reality?

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Wow...just simply, wow. ;)

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:51 pm

It would be really cool. However, whos's gonna operate and fix the technology? Because it's bound to break down in the extreme weather conditions.

For now I take this as a rumour.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Moose » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Do you think this has anything to do with the wife-swapping show? :o
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Moose,,
I've never watched that show, but I'll be sure to tune it in when Mrs. Mackey is swapped :lol: :lol: :lol:
fdf
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:31 pm

I've never watched it either, but I don't want to miss that episode. What a shock someone is in for. Feeding a yard full of dogs, scoopin' zee poop--it's not for the faint of heart! I can see it now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby boo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Well, it is pretty well-known down on the Kenai....Discovery is filming Rach and Joe. Started last late-summer out in the desert training, through prep there, some racing on the way to AK, training out in the Caribous, food drop, EKG's, etc. etc. Plan is Nov. 2009 theatric release. Don't have any idea how the technology will perform, but the "plan" is to get about 4 hours of video/audio each day, with sled cams/head cams. Nobody has ever covered the race in this depth, so it should be really fantastic. The guy in charge has an anthropological emphasis in his work, and they are asking lots of questions, getting the historical context, really working hard at it. So I'm hoping for a REAL Iditarod piece....not a disneyed thing. Mushing is a subculture within our Western culture, with roots in so many other subcultures.....I'm really looking forward to what the end result will be. That is the only thing I know about....
boo
boo

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:48 pm

The ITC minutes of their business meeting said they are using GPS to follow some of the mushers as a test drive kinda thing......maybe they decided to take that a step furthur also? All I read was that some of the mushers, they didn't say which mushers, will be using the GPS and followed throughout the race....I think it's an Insider thing though am not positive..... :?:

It was my inderstanding that the GPS would allow for mushers to be seen as they travel the trail on a map? That is if I am correctly understanding the minutes.....? So like I said, maybe the ITC decided to take it a step futhur?
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Heidi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Hey Mith, speaking of the ITC... while you're there why don't you go have a word with them boys? LOL ;) Just make sure one of the BSSD kids is nearby so we can see it on video! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Heidi

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Heidi wrote:Hey Mith, speaking of the ITC... while you're there why don't you go have a word with them boys? LOL ;) Just make sure one of the BSSD kids is nearby so we can see it on video! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ROFHowling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now THAT would be something...... ;) :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can hear it now, Mr. Hooley, we have this problem, yes I know you're busy wining and dinning all the VIP's BUT, Yes, but, Yes but, excuse me, but Mr. Hooley.....Mr. Hooley.....excuse me, but......Spirit, get him, HOLD....sorry for that Mr. Hooley, but I REALLY need just a moment of your time, good boy Spirit, HOLD......Sir, the Fans have some VERY important questions to ask you pertaining to

Spirit, I said HOLD......SPIRIT......OH fir.....MR. HOOOOLLLEEEYYYY.......... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Next

Return to Mushing Talk