Student Broadcasting Team

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Student Broadcasting Team

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Mia...

Last year (and the year before that) you all at BSSD did us Iditatrod fanatics a GREAT service w/ the videos and reporting....last year adding Chat was a HUGE treat. I feel I can speak for more than myself when I say that the Information, or as you kids may call it the 411 we get here from IditaProject is among the BEST there is....

<putting my Dad hat on> I truly hope you and all of your fellow students know how lucky you are having the opportunities that you have. I am sure at times things up there get boring as heck. I am also pretty sure you sometimes have questions about what it is like to live in the lower 48. Please, use us as freely as we use you all. I have a kid's (young adults) your age, 17 right? One has a passion for Ice Hockey...like you have a passion for broadcasting...I Hope you BOTH follow your dreams...wherever they may lead you. <dad hat off>

<mod hat on> I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of this, however small my part should be, I will do my best to serve the IditaProject to the fullest of my abilities. <mod hat off>

I hope you all know how lucky you are to have John, dhargraves and the rest of your mentors...

Just for fun here is a link to my younger son's Hockey Team website, His name is Cameron. ;) (top row, second from the right)

GoKahoksGo

Peace, Much Gratitude and SnowDogsGo...

daniel...
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:41 am

Hi, Mia. Nice to hear from you again. Looking forward to talking to you again!

Greetings from Norway,

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby dilli » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:32 am

Hello again (((Mia))) and the entire Go Team BSSD SBT Go!
You're becoming an old pro at this ,Mia! :lol:

I'm adding my belated thanks and appreciation for the excellent and insightful coverage of the Iditarod from your unique perspectives which the SBT have provided and will be providing to us again this year.

Wishing you loads of Iditarod broadcasting fun and adventures this year!!!!!
Oh .. Mia ... if any of you happen to run into Mith and Spirit along the trail, please give them a cyber brownie and a hug from me!

I'm looking forward to following along with you .. I'll be glued to my monitor watching, posting, chatting and enjoying the wonderful SBT photos, videos and interviews again!

*incoming cyber cocoa and brownies for the BSSD SBT * :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby fladogfan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks Mia, good to 'see' you again. Am looking forward to really seeing you doing your reports.
And all the rest of your team also. You guys rock!

fdf/
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Mia_Nicole » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Hey guys! Iditarod is just around the corner! I can't wait to interact with everyone again, and hope you guys enjoy what the Student Broadcasting Team will be doing. I'm just going to respond to a few of the messages that were sent. Thanks everyone for replying!

Thanks Mia, good to 'see' you again. Am looking forward to really seeing you doing your reports.
And all the rest of your team also. You guys rock!

Thank you flagdogfan, I can't wait to 'see' you again too!
Oh .. Mia ... if any of you happen to run into Mith and Spirit along the trail, please give them a cyber brownie and a hug from me!

Of course I will! :) Thank you dilli for your support.
Hi, Mia. Nice to hear from you again. Looking forward to talking to you again!

Hey Eskil---Nice to hear from you as well. I'm also excited to talk to you(and everyone) some more. :D
Last year (and the year before that) you all at BSSD did us Iditatrod fanatics a GREAT service w/ the videos and reporting....last year adding Chat was a HUGE treat. I feel I can speak for more than myself when I say that the Information, or as you kids may call it the 411 we get here from IditaProject is among the BEST there is....

ThisSpaceForRent, I'm really glad to see that someone has been following the BSSD since we started broadcasting this whole thing. Your support is really great! Thanks for encouraging me, and everyone else here. 8-)

Okay, I'm going to go now. But once again, thanks everyone who is posting to this forum. It's great to hear from everyone. :)

~mia.nicole
Mia_Nicole

Skype ID: mianicole3

Postby Heidi » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:58 pm

Hi Mia!

I want to chime in too! Thanks for all your hard work. I can't wait to see what you and the entire BSSD team have in store for us this year. I really enjoyed the interviews from last year, so of course I'm hoping there's more of those. :D It would be extra cool if you could get an interview with Mith and Spirit. Hopefully you'll run into her somewhere, but if not, I'm plenty satisfied with musher interviews. Thanks again, all y'all (Texan for "everybody" - LOL!) :mrgreen:
Heidi

Postby mithious » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi Mia :D :D :D :D How nice to "see" you agian this year :D :D :D Hope you all are having a great time following the races and talking with all of us FANatics..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heidi....if you hadn't introduced us to Team BSSD..... :shock: :D 8-)

Whooppiieeee.....I'm so enjoying this new forum :D :D :D :D You guys are right, I think Cabelas did us a favor ;)

Hi ya'll :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Mia_Nicole » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey guys, just letting everyone know that yesterday went well at the start. We aren't going to the restart; instead we're editing all the video from the ceremonial start today. There's a lot...but it should be up in the next few hours. Okay...I'm going to keep on posting on the forum. Byeee. :]

~mia
if you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain
Mia_Nicole

Skype ID: mianicole3

Postby CynCyn37 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Mia:

A big thank you from San Angelo, Texas!!!!

I work with students here in high school and college. I am so impressed with the BSSD Team. You all show great abilities and talents! I am so impressed.

Enjoy your experience fully. You will remember it for the rest of your lives.

Have a great time, stay warm, and keep us entertained and up to date!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby klmobile » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks Mia,
And please thank the rest of the cew for all the hard work!
You Guys Rock 8-) 8-)
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk