Ceremonial Thread

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Ceremonial Thread

Postby Johncn » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Hello,

Good APR audio clip by Ellen Lockyer to kick off the race.

Iditarod 2008 Ready at the Starting Gate - Good last minute sound bites from many of your favorites!
http://aprn.org/2008/02/29/iditarod-200 ... ting-gate/

Podcast

The hours are ticking down until the start of Iditarod 36. Almost 100 mushers will line Anchorage’s Fourth Avenue on Saturday morning for the first steps on the trip to Nome. This year’s field of dog drivers is a mix of seasoned Iditarod trail veterans and newcomers with solid mushing experience...

Ellen Lockyer, APRN - Anchorage

Speaking of hours, in 7 hours the kids will be doing early morning footage and interviews around the dog trucks, and doing some IditaBuddy interviews as well. Woo hoo!

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Re: Ceremonial Thread

Postby JeanieB » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Where is the Whale's Tale, John? I missed you once this week, don't want to again. I am at the Hilton tonight.

JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby boo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:08 am

JeanieB, Dilli, Sunhusky....all who make our 'being' there possible. So tickled for Mith to spend time with Mackey's crew!!! What a delight....well, the work on the start chute has begun.....

Hauling in all that white stuff.

Moderator Edit: And...16 minutes later....ta da!

Will embed to load automagically here for a bit, but please visit and bookmark the AlaskaCam page to say thanks!

boo
boo

Postby Johncn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:15 am

Hey JeanieB,

I think you were sitting right next to Damon at the Snow City the other morning.

The Whale's Tail is in the Captain Cook on the 4th Street side. The audio on Gatekeeper's interview was too soft, and we are trying to "boost" it, so maybe we should redo it with BOTH of you! Had a heck of time with crowds today. Our group at the Millenium missed Rick Holt, but got some good stuff they are editing this evening.

Ran into some Florida, Arizona and New Jersey IditaProject fans at the museum tonight. The Redington Exhibit is GREAT, and really worth seeing for true Iditarod Fans. Joe's old gear, at least five of his sleds, examples of early mushing cook gear, and various items from the first races...quite worth an hour of anyone's time.

Hope to run into you at the start. We'll have two main groups. One by the actual chute, and one down by the curve at Cordova Street.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby JeanieB » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 am

I'll be at the Whale's Tale in the morning...........if I ever get off here and to bed!
JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Return to Mushing Talk