Iditabuddies have dinner at Gwennies!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Iditabuddies have dinner at Gwennies!

Postby JeanieB » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:53 pm

Wow, Gang, did we ever have a great time, and everyone of you was there at Gwennies with us in our hearts, and probalbly your ears are burning because of how often your names were 'dropped' into conversations. The hardest thing was to not all talk at once.

The Iditabuddies from here were Mith, Spirit, Cat, Gatekeeper (came late because of comms. vol. training). There were about a dozen or more others from the Idita-support group. I tell you what, I love those people!!!! You would thing that maybe somebody here was 'putting us on', but these folks are as real as they come, and exactly as I imagined them on line. You know what, WE are NOT 'so much cooler on line', we are cooler for real.

Cat has been wonderful transportaion for Mith & Spirit, and has the most genuine smiling face. I can just tell she is a fabulous teacher. She even skied on the Iditarod trail this morning, and told us the conditions is hard and fast near the start.

Mith has as much energy in real life as on the forum, though a couple of days with out sleep and with little food (no time), she is back in her room now in serious need of a good night sleep before the start tomorrow. Mith and I could not talk fast enough to catch up on everything both of us have experienced so far. She absolutely radiates good vibs. It was so fun to hear about her mushing experience and her sprint dog teams. She asked me to send her love and thanks to all of you, esp. Dilli, her communications executive. She is so in awe of all of the kindnesses bestowed on her, but, I told her, she does not get it how incredibly much pleasure all of us are getting from her trip and her joy. She said, "You are right, I don't get it"...............and everyone in unison told her how much she was adding to THEIR trip.

Gatekeeper could do the Iditarod! She never stops and she functions well without sleep! That gal had so many things packed into this day that it made ME tired, and she was still going when she drove me and Elena back to our tour hotel. She was then off to meet some more people. GK and I have bonded like sisters, and I am positive we will be lifelong friends. We have so much in common, and a similar outlook on life.

At Gwennies there was constant laughter and jokes, constant predictions and speculations about the race, constant awe and admiration for each of our favorite mushers, and constant respect and enjoyment of each other. This Sled Dog Racing Community is a ......................would you guys get me a Thesaurus, I'm out of 'incredible' words again..............we are just danged terrific, we are!!!!!!

It was one great big HAPPY DANCE

In the morning, THE RACE!!!!
JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Re: Iditabuddies have dinner at Gwennies!

Postby Johncn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:46 am

Pictures, pictures....who's got pictures? 8-)

We could not get any kids free to take pictures, but someon has some to email me, we can get them posted for all.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:53 am

John, did you see sunhusky's pictures yet?

http://backstage-iditarod.blogspot.com/

JeanieB, thanks for the update! You're the best! :D :D :D
Heidi

Postby cat » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:11 pm

cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Thanks cat, great photo, wonderful smiles :D :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby dilli » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 pm

((((((JeanieB))))))))))))
Wish I had been there. LOLOLOLOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Return to Mushing Talk