Photo Album of the Days of Ole'

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Photo Album of the Days of Ole'

Postby fladogfan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:37 am

Has anyone heard from Johncn?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby dashdel » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:11 am

Yea Phil, Joee was a great guy... I always went there when we took a run to Manley.. Pam his wife is great too.. You always mushed by their place to coffee up on runs.... Pam would always feed you up too and you better eat too or they would be pissed at you... Warm belly is great on the trail.. He will be missed...

Anyways yes we made it through Irma... Its a mess all over. Trees down everywhere and power outages all over... We were prepared because of what we went through in 2004. We lost power but had generator from 2004 that powers the whole house less the AC, but it was cool at night so it was not really that bad for us... Now the hard part comes with the cleanup. Anyways we did get power back last night which I was surprised as in 2004 we where out for 7 days at a pop with the storms that blew threw then 2 of them Francis and Charlie.. Anyways thanks for thinking of us and Fladogfan it sounds as though you weathered the storm as well... Del
dashdel

Postby fladogfan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 am

Yes Del, we are ok. I feel sorry and worried for so many still without power.
2004 was interesting...to say the least
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby LanceMoran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 am

Just came across this thread. These photos really provide insight into the old days of mushing. Fantastic!
LanceMoran

Postby Moose » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 am

Yes, please--Dash, Froze, anyone--bring this thread back to life.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk