Willow - Yentna

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Willow - Yentna

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:38 pm

So... what will happen on this leg? The serious contenders with high bib might wanna slalom their way to a more favorable position.

Any predictions?
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Re: Willow - Yentna

Postby mamamia » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:40 pm

I certainly expect the serious contenders/high bib # to make some major moves to get to the front and avoid the problems with carved out trails that could seriously impact their race strategy. It will be interesting.
mamamia

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:46 pm

I agree Willow. I think the entire pack, and especially the usually top 10 - 15 front runners will try to push to the front quickly. Sort of get out of Dodge and out of the traffic.

GO Buser!
Wild Bill

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Haha. According to the tracker Ken Anderson is doing 77 MPH.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Whaaaaat the heck? Where did you see that? I'm looking at the Iontracker, the only thing I notice is that DeeDee is warmer than everyone else!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 pm

It's been fixed now. But it seems only DeeDee and Aaron are moving.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby braider » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:21 pm

I think Lance drew a great bib number and it's going to be awfully hard to get very far ahead of him.
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:57 pm

That might be true.

I wish the restart could be earlier so that I could check out the tracker before it's nighty-nighty.

Edit: ...or I could take tomorrow off, which is quite an interesting thought. Hm.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby Moose » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:01 pm

I vote for tomorrow off. :D And if the front-end loader doesn't arrive soon, I'll have a good excuse. WE'RE SNOWED IN!!!!!! Yee-hah! :lol: :D :lol: :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby CynCyn37 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Wow Moose, great minds think alike. I was just thinking, do I really have to work tomorrow? I don't have any meetings scheduled.

Has the race started yet? I thought it was 5 o'clock my time. which is an hour from now. I am going to be really mad at myself if I've missed it!!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Next

Return to Mushing Talk