Standings for the race

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Standings for the race

Postby Biggie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Am I just missing it or are there no place to see the complete standings without registering again and again on the "official" site? Could someone help me?
Biggie :geek:
Biggie

Re: Standings for the race

Postby Johncn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Hello,

The Cabela's site is now gone, and the ITC site is the only official repository of stats.

The secret do you mean the Flash Insider Ad or the popup request for registration to see standings?

Basically, there are two related issues. One is trying to entice you to buy the subscription. The other is for non-subscribers who wish to veiw standings. Both operate in a similar fashion.

Options:

1) Register for Iditarod Insider for about $20 - This will make both go away.

2) Register your email address so the site can plant a cookie in your browser. This will allow you to view the direct link to the standings page, but you will still get the Flash immobilzation ad when you visit the main site page.

If you clear the browser's cookies, the ad will reappear regardless.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby CynCyn37 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:39 pm

I found this out after I registered and paid: if you go to KTUU website, there is a code for $2 off. I saw it 10 minutes after I paid!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Biggie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks for the information. I just don't like giving out an email address to just anyone.
Biggie

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Biggie wrote:Thanks for the information. I just don't like giving out an email address to just anyone.

I don't blame you biggie. This is one of Iditarod.com's "improvements" this year. Never before did non-Insiders have to enter any personal information to view the current standings or the race logs. I'll be a non-Insider after tomorrow (when my subscription expires) so I'm definitely not happy about this. And to think I'm going to have to enter it every time. :evil:
Heidi

Postby Frozen Chosen » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Discrepancy here on the standings: Re: Sigrid Ekran, our fav Norwegian musher: the ion-asphere says shes just outside of Skwentna but the standing still have her outside of Willow and no times for her arrival/departure at yentna. Who's got the Iditaweb ear, maybe that bit of information needs attention.
Whaz zup...
Frozen Chosen

Postby aren » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:39 am

Looks like the ITC is just as slow with their stats update this year as they were last year. :roll: The new gps tracking just makes it even more noticeable. Hopefully the updates will improove as the race mooves along....

aren
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby mamamia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:56 am

Had the same problem with Zack Steer but clicking on the "musher" choice at the top of the current standings page gave correct information.
mamamia

Postby MotorWerk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:58 am

...also the live tracking adds to the confusion. It's very easy to "forget" that there are more mushers on the trail than the 18 with tracking equipment.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby mamamia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:01 am

Yeah, I'm not using the live tracking. I don't think it is really adding anything to my race at this point. The old fashioned number crunching gives me the info I need for the most part.
mamamia

Return to Mushing Talk