Kjetil Backen

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Kjetil Backen

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 am

It was not more than half an hour. Snacking, I guess.

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:11 am

think he was snacking the dogs after his 2.5 hour run into the burn, then pulling hook and off again..lance is 9 mile sbehind and moving along nicely, looks like he could catch up and get to nik about the same time as kjetil... race will then be on i think....so as jeff didnt leave for another hour after lance... did lance see kjetil come past and scramble to get going or did he plan a 6 - 7 hour rest then move and jeff plan a 7 - 8 hour rest? who knows...but its gonna be close this year i think.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby aren » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:18 am

Has anyone had a close look at the amount of rest time that each of the frontrunners have put in the bank so far? That would be interesting reading and give an indication on which team is actually best prepared for the "race"

aren
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 am

looks like a good race between jeff and martin looks like they are traveling together, must be discussing the newness of their jackets this year...

'hiya jefffff, dat is a nice jacket you are wearing this year'

'howdee martin, yuors is lovely too, nice patches my friend'

' thank you jeffff, it iz a lovely hmm jacket, and iam liking the new pathces very much, they um are surposed to make my dawgs go faster this year'

'yeah mine too martin, kinda like the colours on this one, cabellas have done a nice job sewing them, although i think the red white and blue one i have on the front hear..see?.. doesnt quite go with my colour scheme now'

'jeeez jefffff, think you should have a word with dem guys at cabellas, to think they made you a new jacket dis year and it doesnt quite match... but at least, you know, its clean!'

' i know martin, those dirty jacket boys are showing us up, we best kick on and beat them this year, we cant have riff raff on the trail beatin; us!...se ya at the finish for the new truck my friend!'
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby deafcat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:34 am

ha!
deafcat

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:40 am

:lol: You did a good job with the accent Tangles ;) But don't be dissin my man Martin! :lol: :lol: (Just kidding :D )
Di*

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk