Tracker snaps

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Tracker snaps

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 am

I was wondering what happened to it so I went looking , turn out the iditaspiders in the outhouse had it, I prized it off them and paid some bribes to them of used dog bootys and foot powder ( they love that stuff!) and they handed it back over!

so here it is again, when I first looked for my last post saw john baker... I had go back and double check then saw it was years ago hahaha.

so its back here where it belongs! get posting for everyone.....

you have to watch those spiders!!!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:28 am

Spiders are sneaky little creatures 8-)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 am

REALLY sneeky! its all those legs!
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:51 am

and so confusing when they wave them all around the place with the bunny boots on too.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby elsietee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Busy in Manley:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elsietee AT ponyhill DOT org
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA
elsietee

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:44 pm

tanglefoot wrote:I was wondering what happened to it so I went looking , turn out the iditaspiders in the outhouse had it, I prized it off them and paid some bribes to them of used dog bootys and foot powder ( they love that stuff!) and they handed it back over!

so here it is again, when I first looked for my last post saw john baker... I had go back and double check then saw it was years ago hahaha.

so its back here where it belongs! get posting for everyone.....

you have to watch those spiders!!!

PLEASE don't tell me the foot powder is used and they eat it? :shock: Oh I HATE spiders.....I can do the outhouse, but the spiders got to go, especially if they are stealing threads, eating foot powder, wearing dog booties and bunny boots, shiver.... :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :P

Nice on the tracker though, thank you sooo much :D :D :D :D EL put up a shot that has a wicked turn...that's gonna be fun when they get there :D :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a camera there ;) :D :mrgreen:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:45 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
Latest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanglefoot

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 pm

you Don't want to know what they do with the foot powder!!!! the booties and bunny boots do look funny on them though, the big hairy spider has the pink ones on!!! the little spider with the long legs and goofy grin I think is 'doing' the foot powder and has the bunny boots on, well his feet must be cold being only little. the third one seems to be stirring the powder and using it as some kind of fortune telling... keeps mumbling about the speed and the trail and the bloody Vikings???
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:32 pm

tanglefoot wrote:you Don't want to know what they do with the foot powder!!!! the booties and bunny boots do look funny on them though, the big hairy spider has the pink ones on!!! the little spider with the long legs and goofy grin I think is 'doing' the foot powder and has the bunny boots on, well his feet must be cold being only little. the third one seems to be stirring the powder and using it as some kind of fortune telling... keeps mumbling about the speed and the trail and the bloody Vikings???

Choke sputter spit, gasp....Vikings???? Are the Vikings predicted to be chasing the mushers? I don't care HOW cute the pink booties look on that big hairy spider Matty I am NOT using the outhouse till the are evicted. Got a bucket I could borrow? ;) and for the cold feet, well if you didn't treat them so well maybe their cold feet would take them to someone ELSE's outhouse :P ;) :mrgreen: Now stop giving them warm booties and that dang foot powder or we'll have to take up a collection for rehab and legal fee's :evil:

Maybe that one spider needs rehab????? Kinda weird Tangles...NOT that I care as I HATE spiders, but maybe just this once :P ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 pm

MITH how could you even think of evicting them!!! they came from the breaker clan outhouse when wind breaker got a little too, well, windy!!! you cant throw them out into the cold again, they do do a good job of finding out the gossip form the trail, they keep an eye on the Breakers Bar and Grill during the summer months and the flys down.

They have been there since we took on the old place, ok they steal the odd post and you have to bribe them now and then to get info out of them on certain stats but they are part of the iditabuds now, part of the family, and besides, the big hairy one is actually quite cute with his hairy bot bell and pink dog booties! lol

(PS I think I have spent to long crunching stats tonight!)
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk