MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:46 pm

Boy, poor Mith!! She is doing okay, but she has lost her voice. COMPLETELY lost her voice. Two angels have been taking care of her today. They took her to the hospital this afternoon to have her throat looked at. The doctors said it was probably stress-related and something her weakened immune system couldn't fight off. They put her on some anti-viral medication and gave her some stuff to gargle. She is now resting in her hotel room.

The person who called me on Mith's behalf has read this forum but is not a member yet. I hesitate to use her real name, so let's just called her "Angel" for now. :) So Angel and MarinOhio are the 2 angels with her, and Angel was the one who called me. (Angel is friends with MarinOhio.) Angel said, "Don't worry, she's got 2 grandmas looking after her!" LOL That made me so happy to hear. Thank you guys! You have NO idea how happy that made me, Dilli and I'm sure everyone here to hear she's in such loving care! They got Mith a bunch of nutritious soft food to eat (like bananas and such) and are making sure she's eating it. She's also dealing with some mouth sores (again, stress-related) and that makes it difficult for her to eat.

Mith will hopefully be sleeping in in the morning and will be spending all of tomorrow afternoon at the Millenium watching the dropped dogs come in, etc. MarinOhio will be volunteering there during that time too, so Mith can call on her if she needs to.

Poor Mith, after everything she's been through and now she gets ill. :shock: She's going to need at least a month to recuperate when she gets home! :(

We love you Mith and we miss you in the forum bunches. Can't wait until you're back here with us, your Iditabuddies!

Thanks to John, MarinOhio, "Angel", Cat, Lance and all the others who have been so kind and attentive to Mith! You guys rock!!! :D :D :D
Heidi

Re: MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Oh man so sorry to hear that Mith is under the weather Heidi, but glad that she has all those "angels" to watch over her!
Di*

Postby boo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:00 pm

We're thinking about you, praying you get some much-needed rest....and that you get better soon.....
boo
boo

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Hopefully she'll feel well enough before she leaves she can have the fried clams she's been dyin' for. She can't eat them now, but maybe on Wednesday before she leaves (she leaves late). John and the kids go back to Unalakleet tomorrow, but she's in good hands with MarinOhio and her new friend too. :) :)
Heidi

Postby aren » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Get well soon mith. Hope you will be able to enjoy the rest of the time you spend in AK. Looking forward to hearing your stories when you get back home.

aren
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah, get well soon Mith. Had you been here I would've given you a taste of Grandma Olsen's mixture, an old secret recipe that has worked wonders for my throat many a time (not even I know what's in it, but I reckon that is just as well).
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 am

MotorWerk wrote:...Grandma Olsen's mixture, an old secret recipe that has worked wonders for my throat many a time ....

Knowing what little I do of you 'weegians" it is probably chocked full of Fermented fish and vodka... :D

I KID my friend...with that I am off to work. Hopefully I can post from there today.

daniel
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:29 am

Haha, you could be right for all I know. It does taste like I don't know, but it sure works wonders. :D
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby sc-race-fan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:36 am

Get well Mith... :( :( :( , I keep looking for the Can't talk Smilie, but don't see one. Maybe they can add one for her!! :o :o :o :o I'm sure the "Angels" are doing a great job, so REST, and get better soon, we need you posting strong before the end of this great race.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:54 am

:lol: :lol: MW have you tried to get Grandmother to give someone in the family the recipe? Would be a shame for that home remedy to be lost. ;)

MITH GET WELL SOON AND LISTEN TO THE GRANDMAS AND DO WHAT THEY SAY

Sorry you are sick little Iditabuddie, it's NO FUN-NO WAY :evil: :( to be sick on vacation. But when you get home and after lots of hugs to Mith, Jr. your fingers will do the talking for you.

Can you belive you haven't even been in Alaska a week yet :?: :o :?: Does it seem like weeks :?: So much GOOD has happened to you with a little bad thrown in :( ,for seasoning (iguess), that I feel like your adventure is weeks long :D :D

Remember, listen to the grammas,
fdf ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Next

Return to Mushing Talk