MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:40 am

Heidi wrote:
There's really only 3 things you need to know: We all love dog sledding, brownies and drinks with purple umbrellas! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I love all three!!! Yeah!!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:48 am

Maybe I won't have to. So far, the conference is still on, but I bet a principal steps in pretty quick and calls this thing off. I would not want to be bussing kids from across the state into an area that has a 100% chance of snow today (Wichita Falls). But we'll see.

Just saw the forecast for your area. ICK! I vote for vitural Alaskan driving, conference or no! We usually shut down here if ice/snow is even in the forecast. I saw the Concho Valley might get up to an inch! Just rainy and cold here, though :x
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:50 am

CynCyn37 wrote:
Heidi wrote:
There's really only 3 things you need to know: We all love dog sledding, brownies and drinks with purple umbrellas! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I love all three!!! Yeah!!!

Well then you fit in perfectly cyn! 8-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heidi

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:25 am

So what is the news Cyn? Are you home?
Good ole Wichita Falls! I have been there, we used to live in Lawton OK for a while and went there a few times. Also took some kids from church to the Six Flags in Ft.Worth...It actually snowed a couple of times while we lived in OK and we couldn't believe how helpless everyone was. We arrived in a major storm in Jan '88 and it was a disaster! We were wondering why they were putting sand on top of a foot of snow?! Guess they thought it would help! :lol:
Di*

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:49 am

HEHEHEHE!! And we missed the 'grocery store run' on this one.

I haven't decided yet. The TxDOT map keeps showing more icy conditions each time I hit F5. Wish the Iditarod sight was so fast! I just don't want to get stuck up there. It is supposed to be well before freezing tonight and tomorrow night. So, you know all of this mess will ice up. I just don't want to let my teacher down. She is one of the teachers I work with (I have 22 school districts-more square miles that Moose's state!) and she is in charge of the judges for this state conference. I guess I'll see what happens this afternoon and make a call.

Til then, I am sitting in bed enjoying a quiet morning. I have been so overloaded the past three weeks. I should be doing something, but since I didn't have it planned, I am not going to!! (purple umbrella drink in hand!)
CynCyn37

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:50 am

Clink! :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 am

Di* wrote:We arrived in a major storm in Jan '88 and it was a disaster! We were wondering why they were putting sand on top of a foot of snow?! Guess they thought it would help!

Coming from Chicago to Texas, I laughed out loud at this Di! What are they thinking?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heidi

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:16 am

as a native to southern California, and living in Kansas for the last 20 years, snow and ice are still a novelty to me, but as far as i'm concerned, if i can't skate or sled on it, i have NO use for it! i am really afraid of walking or driving on it, so bring on the sand and salt! if i could, i would use a kicksled to get around out here, but the snow is never that deep or lasts that long to bother with it
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:35 am

Image ImageImage
(virtual party for Laurie and Spirit...please take note of requested umbrella drink, and nosh for Spirit :lol: )
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby CynCyn37 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:54 am

I love your pic Deer!!

OK, update.....wheeeeee! purple umbrella drinks for me all day!!! with the good stuff. I am not going so I get to stay updated almost all day! Since I had planned for being gone, I find myself with nothing to do but watch the Iditarod! I will break away for awhile to get ahead for next week, but other than that, I am snugglin in and relaxing on my puter!
CynCyn37

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk