MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: MITH UPDATE - Monday, 3/3/08

Postby Mia_Nicole » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Hey guys! I got a chance to meet Mith, and she's very nice and considerate of us. John put up a live stream of the restart on a computer for her, and Gerald Sagoonick got a chance to interview her and cat. Anyway, I'm just writing to say...

thanks a lot for the brownies everyone! the student broadcasting team REALLY enjoyed them. :) thank you so much!

And since it is Mith... :D :lol: :) :D :lol: :) ;)

Okay, I have to get back to work. Talk to everyone later.

Thanks again,
mia_nicole
if you want a rainbow, you have to put up with the rain
Mia_Nicole

Skype ID: mianicole3

Postby cat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 pm

It was a thrill for us to meet you mia_nicole! You are such a poised, confident interviewer. Tell Gerald we are raving about his interview skills too!

I love your signature quote " If you want a rainbow you have to put up with the rain." Very appropriate!
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:27 pm

I've thought the same thing, Cat. And Mia's avatar speaks volumes, too. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Hey Mith, Hope you made it home today and are feeling better! We have missed all the :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: It just hasn't been the same without you!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 am

flowerpower wrote:It just hasn't been the same without you!

How true.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tinkerbel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:14 am

Mith & Spirit are on their flight home. I don't know what the treats are here besides brownies, but I think they deserve a huuuuuge pie to celebrate coming home after their adventure :D

tinkerbel

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 am

got a question from a disabled friend for Laurie/Mith:

where was Spirit while she was in the hospital? again, its a matter of public access...SDs are supposed to stay with their owners, and normally go to the hospitals with them, even when admitted overnight for treatment. my friend was wondering what happened, in light of the rest of the harassment...
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby aren » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:17 am

tinkerbel wrote:Mith & Spirit are on their flight home. I don't know what the treats are here besides brownies, but I think they deserve a huuuuuge pie to celebrate coming home after their adventure :D

I second that tinkerbell :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 am

Mith didn't spend the night in the hospital. She just saw a doctor there and got some medications.

If she feels up to it, she may be posting today, but really I'd rather see her getting some rest. :) :)
Heidi

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:27 am

*sigh of relief* thats a break, at least. no one should have bothered her about that. but then, no one should have bothered her to begin with! its so nice here, where people are law abiding, and supportive of the disabled, not like on the other one, where its so negative... hope she doesn't go read there
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk