good morning

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: good morning

Postby mira » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:42 am

I'm not sure what time zone the GCI-cam thinks its in.. or actually I think the clock is just off. It seems to be approx +2:20 from AKDT.

I've been looking at the picture from that center (don't remember the name) and they seems to be showing the same, although the times are very differently.
mira

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:43 am

GOOD MORNING BSSD IDITAROD FANS :D
Have caught up just a little, just showed hubby the red circles at begining of threads, exlained those are the ones I haven't read yet. (it's a long list :( ) he said, with a smile, I have all year to read them. Guess he still doesn't understand----I want to know NOW what y'all have said :lol: not later. And now I have to go to work. So it will be later. See you tonight.
Later friends ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 am

morning all...thats he longest ive slept since the start hahaha even over slept...took the matchsticks out last night an my eye lids just fell haha good to see so many folks stil dropping in to welcome home the rest of the pack! theres more still racing out there!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby aren » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 am

Good to hear that some of you have picked up on your sleep. I felt kind of "empty" after Lance and Jeff finished yesterday. Just had to take a break and have a good nights sleep. Feel better now and will follow the rest of the race and see the red Lantern come in. :D :D

The back of the pack with Deboah Bicknell and Liz Parrish have all left Kaltag and is well on their way to Unk. Let's hope the ITC won't pull the plug on any of these teams. They are doing good :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:39 am

i think one they get to unk they dont pull the plug as its so close after coming so far unless it really is in the interest of the safety of the dogs and drivers
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:44 am

Morning Forum :)
Like the rest of you I enjoyed some sleep last night and feel ready to take on the back of the pack!
We have been having some spring weather and it feels GOOD after all those below zero days this winter!! The snowbanks are a meltin' alarmingly fast and the roads are getting very soupy. :) Must be springtime in MN!!! :D
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 am

why is it just after the irod each year we get a thaw..see,s like mother nature has the last dance then retires for spring right after the race. :D
tanglefoot

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk