Thread: Who's the Leader?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Thread: Who's the Leader?

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:08 am

Can y'all believe Rick Swenson? :shock: :shock:

Go Paul, Lance, Dee Dee, Martin & Rohn Go!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heidi

Postby tilstede » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:14 am

Keep thinking about last year and Robert's trouble with the dogs catching the stomach bug. No rumours about that it has happened to Kjetil, but if he don't start moving soon, I'll start to be really worried :-)
tilstede

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:21 am

tilstede wrote:Keep thinking about last year and Robert's trouble with the dogs catching the stomach bug. No rumours about that it has happened to Kjetil, but if he don't start moving soon, I'll start to be really worried :-)

That's a long haul from Ophir to Cripple. I wouldn't worry quite yet. :)
Heidi

Postby tilstede » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:25 am

Heidi wrote:That's a long haul from Ophir to Cripple. I wouldn't worry quite yet.

Thank you for comforting me, but ... eh...*breath, relax* ... OK, Heidi - believe you :-)
tilstede

Postby aren » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:26 am

So right tilstede. He has looked optimistic in the II video clips that I have seen, saying that he has used the brakes a lot so far. It has sounded like he can shift the team into another gear whenever he like. Let's hope he can do that...soon ;) :) :)
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby sbd » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:28 am

Heidi wrote:
tilstede wrote:Keep thinking about last year and Robert's trouble with the dogs catching the stomach bug. No rumours about that it has happened to Kjetil, but if he don't start moving soon, I'll start to be really worried :-)

That's a long haul from Ophir to Cripple. I wouldn't worry quite yet. :)

In fact the haul was all the way from Takotna, all three of them (Lance, Jeff, Kjetil) just signed and left in Ophir.
sbd

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:38 am

sbd wrote:In fact the haul was all the way from Takotna, all three of them (Lance, Jeff, Kjetil) just signed and left in Ophir.

Right, so he's got to be just resting. Hopefully. ;)
Heidi

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 am

I don't feel comfortable with the situation either, but remember what Jon Little told Kjetil's handlers: Jeff King's dogs looked very, very fresh - and so did Kjetil's. Now, Kjetil might be planning a long straight run to Ruby, and is just giving the dogs some extra hours of sleep.

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby aren » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 am

Lance is still on the move. I was certain that he would stop to rest along the trail, but has not seen his speed going to zero yet. Has anyone else seen him resting?
I sure hope Kjetil has a fantastic strat up his sleeve that will take him right to the front again ;)
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby Luna » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:59 am

aren wrote: Has anyone else seen him resting?

Nope... been trotting along without a stop ever since cripple according to the GPS.
Been watching him every 15 min.
Luna

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk