Psst, there is website complaing

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Psst, there is website complaing

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Apparently it is something common in BOTH forums now Mr Agent! You know what they say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.
Di*

Postby Agent874 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Di* wrote:Apparently it is something common in BOTH forums now Mr Agent! You know what they say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Yes, apparently there are whiners there as well. Here's a nice quote for you:

"The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks." -- Randall Jarrell

While there's a lot of stuff I don't like, either, I'm still grateful for being able to follow the race in such detail.
Agent874

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 pm

:lol:
Di*

Postby iditafan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Agent, I agree.

I can clearly remember having to call ITC headquarters back in the mid-90's just to find out who was leading the race! And in a way, I miss those simple days.

Today, it's all about technology which is absolutely amazing. Now, we can track mushers on the trail, for crying out loud! How amazing is that!?

But with the new gizmos and forum splits with content or lack of, there's going to be those with opinions, pro or con. That's just logical and comes with the territory.

But for me, I'm enjoying the Iditarod and all the wealth of information now available to follow it so closely. I can't tell you how much I'm saving on all those long distance phone calls up to Anchorage back when.
Enjoying the race from so many aspects,
Iditafan
iditafan

Postby jonnybegood » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 pm

On the GPS site I would have the mushers in race order not by bib numbers. It is a race after all and the leaders should be on the top of the list. JBG
jonnybegood

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Di* wrote:Apparently it is something common in BOTH forums now Mr Agent! You know what they say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Having "cut my teeth" in commercial restaurant's; as a cook, waiter,bartender, chef and manager (at different times of course ;) ) I resemble that remark. :D

Agent874 wrote:1. Yes, apparently there are whiners there as well. Here's a nice quote for you:

2. "The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks." -- Randall Jarrell

3. While there's a lot of stuff I don't like, either, I'm still grateful for being able to follow the race in such detail.

1. be nice...remember, "NoJerks"... ;)

2. cool... 8-) I agree.

3. Yes, I agree here too. Remember, the hand that feeds you should not be bitten. :D

SnowDogsRock,

daniel

ETA, Edited To Add...The " 1. 2. 3. bullets" in the Agent874 quoted text were added by the poster, me: they are meant to be reference, not as fuel for the fire.
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 am

Daniel, Heidi, Eskill ,Sunhusky and JohncAn,

I want to say thank you for the good, sane job you are doing moderating this forum. It's a pleasure to be able to read and not get my gut tied in a knot. Bssd forum is a lot of friends, new and old, talking with each other (not at each other). On some subjects we can agree to disagree and still respect or at least listen to other views.

"No jerks" what a novel idea :D
fdf :)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 am

think everyone is having a blast thsi year load of good teams, lots of stories, and still anyone of at least 10 teams can win! yipeee, just glad we got some websites to follow the race on, who care what colour they are and how many times they get refreshed...yippe for the guy who invented the internet...you rock dude!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Agent874 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:31 am

tanglefoot wrote:yippe for the guy who invented the internet

Wasn't that Al Gore?
Agent874

Postby Domer » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:37 am

Al Gore.
That is good humor folks!