curious about the Target dog

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

curious about the Target dog

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:04 pm

anyone seen pics of the Target dog at the start? i was just looking at their site, but this was all i found:
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/pa ... b_iditarod
"

We're proud to sponsor the 2008 Iditarod Target Teacher on the Trail, a program that reaches teachers and students in all 50 states and many countries around the world. Each year, one teacher is selected to take participants, via the Internet, on an action-packed adventure from checkpoint to checkpoint along the Iditarod trail.

The storied and world-renowned Iditarod is a sled dog race that runs 1,150 miles through extreme conditions and beautiful Alaskan terrain. Thousands of students, from preschool to University level, complete Iditarod-related school projects and hone their skills in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and other curriculum areas.
Jane Blaile

This year's Target Teacher on the Trail is Jane Blaile from Christ Lutheran School in Phoenix, Arizona. During her 17-year career, Jane has taught 4th through 8th grades and currently teaches 5th grade with an emphasis on science

"Although the Iditarod happens only once a year, it is a year long tale of practice and training," says Jane. "I emphasize the power in that to my students: trying new things, accomplishing goals and doing your best."

Join Jane, the tenth Teacher on the Trail, as she expands the walls of her classroom and heads out on the educational journey of a lifetime. For more information, including lesson plans and articles from Jane, visit http://www.iditarod.com. "

i would really like to find pics of this dog actually involved with the start, since he was supposed to have been a part of it, even riding in one of the racer's sleds.
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Re: curious about the Target dog

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 pm

He did. Check at almost the end of the ceremonial start
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:24 pm

do you have a link to that? i've been looking at pics and vids, but not seen him yet. whose sled did he ride in?
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:02 pm

I can't remember. I just remember it was near the end. He rode in the sled with someone holding him. I'll look around and let you know if I find anything. Sorry :cry: :cry:
CynCyn37

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:20 pm

It is on the Insider Archived Race Start 24 of 25. At the very end of the clip. Not sure if the dog rode in the sled, but he was standing on the street with the Teacher on the Trail.
CynCyn37

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Geesh, didn't they realize all those feral wild sled dogs could attack that thing on site? :roll: Well that is what some would have you believe anyway.... :lol: ;) :lol:
Di*

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Di, you crack me up. I am NEVER going back to that place with those mean people. Of course, I was one too!
CynCyn37

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:24 am

aw, rats! its in the part that is locked unless you have paid to be an Insider... :(
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby mamamia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:34 pm

My daughter wants to know what kind of dog is the Target dog. I think it might be an American bulldog. Does anyone know?
mamamia

Postby deafcat » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Yes, it was an American bulldog, and it was riding in the sled with someone's arms around it's neck.
deafcat

Next

Return to Mushing Talk