Who's trail breaker

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Who's trail breaker

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I was afraid he was going to need his own services.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Luna » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am

Came across this in a Runyan article from Ruby:
" Posted by Joe Runyan
Date: March 6, 2014 11:59 pm

March 6 Ruby—Sorlie arrives the Yukon

Since we don’t have the internet at the checkpoint we discover our primitive roots. We have to rely on snowmachiner reports to advise us of an incoming musher rather than refer to the very practical Insider gps tracker. It’s painful to be pretending 1970 when I know the Insider GPS tracker would tell us the exact location of a musher would allow us to drink coffee inside the community hall. Instead, some rumor originating from an unidentified snowmachiner who claims to have seen Sorlie six miles out has created a fervor in the checkpoint. “Sorlie is arriving!” We all dress in gear suitable for -20F and stand around outside waiting for Sorlie. The wind begins to penetrate winter gear, people stomp their feet. False Alarm.

I think this is the same snowmachiner that has started several world wars with misinformation about mushers arriving. Where is that guy? I want him sentenced to do public service work picking up plastic bags near a Walmart
."

I'm sure that snowmachiner is one of the Breaker boys....
Luna

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:17 am

Could that be Truth Breaker :o You know he always tells lies :evil:
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 am

:shock: :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby emwcee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Something is afoot. Sebastian devoted a whole column to the Breaker Clan here: http://iditarod.com/musher/march-9-whit ... -at-600am/

But even more mysterious: Why are four of the Breakers wearing masks in this picture:o :o :o :o :o :o :?: :?: :?:

emwcee

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:01 pm

BREAKING News!

Thanks to Mith's keen sleuthing skills, it's apparent that Laura Allaway is a part of the Breaker Clan! Finally, a member we can be proud of!!! ;) :lol: :lol:
Heidi

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello old friend
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:59 am

Heidi wrote:BREAKING News!

Thanks to Mith's keen sleuthing skills, it's apparent that Laura Allaway is a part of the Breaker Clan! Finally, a member we can be proud of!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Who woulda thought that we'd have a Breaker Clan member we could be proud of? ;) :mrgreen: :lol:

and thanks to Tangles and Heidi for making the Breaker connection with Laura ;) :D :mrgreen:

Maybe that's why those Breakers have masks on???? To hide the fact that they have a member that is above board and not one of the "naughty" ones?????
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:04 am

Good job you guys!
For all new Iditabuds, read this thread from the beginning. It was our first year with BSSD and we were giddy.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Its one of the all time iditabud threads and goes down in iditarod fan folk law. Back in the days of 24hr rests where nothing happened much
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk