Good For A Laugh

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Good For A Laugh

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:10 am

Flower that is just soooooo funny, I was laughing so hard, you know, one of those belly laughs....thanks....that's great ROFHowling

tangles....he rode down ON the straw bale? :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that had to be funny too :lol: :lol: :lol: I can picture it too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:32 am

tanglefoot wrote:,morning all

caught on camera...jeff king being silly...watch the insider clip of j bruce talking about kings dog...now dont watch bruce...watch the guy in the back ground sledging down the hill at the checkpoint on his bale of straw....he then goes over (you can hear everyone laughing) and starts toput beds down for the dogs....theres a film crew watching it and filming...big question is...is this king jeff?! looks like some of martins antics rubbed off! so good to see everyone having so much fun on the trail this year...last year jeff was feet up sleeping as he approcahed the top of the steps with a camera crew there and at the last moment jumped up and dropped off the edge of the world! perhaps jeffs serious face is slipping in his old age?

Thanks T that was funny and there was a camera guy following Jeff, so maybe we'll see that clip on the series on Discovery next fall. AND I saw the first video taken from the air, of Lance on the Yukon. I've been looking for the air shots but this is first I've seen. Have they been there and I just missed them? :roll: Does Discovery channel show inBritan? Looked like Jeff's dogs were trying to 'help' by taking their booties off :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:08 am

The Discovery helocopter crashed and ITC can't put the Insider reporters on the AirForce planes, they had to get a voucher to even fly this year, next year they will probably have to go with Penair or Alaska Air, the AF is grounded next year unless the ITC can pull a rabbit out of their hats.....that's going to be big $$$$$!!!

The AF had to get waivers just to fly this year.....they aren't supposed to fly ANY commercial flights and flying the reporters is just that...plus I guess from what I read there were other inconsistancies with the "volunteer" part vs commercial flights.....will have to wait and see how this all pans out....??????

That's why you aren't seeing any or just a few ariel shots this year.....
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:40 am

Thanks Mith, wondered why. Also I asked and actually got an answer from II about if they would be doing video from the banquet. Reply was something like, we wil have someone there taking photos (videos?) and they will be posted LATER. Well rats. I wish the first year of II they had never done the live video at all of the banquet. It spoiled me. But maybe we'll have someone of our own reporting :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:57 am

That would be great if we could but I'm not counting my chickens.....I don't think the finishers banquet will be open to the public via video again.....could be wrong though? I think I will have to say good nite to all....I'm getting sleepy....don't want to over do it.... ;) :D

Nite everyone :D :D :D Atleast a few hours anyway ;) I had to buy a new alarm clock my old one went on me...so I will be able, I hope ;) to get up without missing too much....they must rest soon too.....maybe 4-6 hours depending on how much trail rest they get!!!!

See ya all soon...nite to all my friends who are just getting up and off to work and to all you nite owls...see ya in a while....love ya all :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:04 am

in work sneeking a peek, the boss bought a new laptop this year...that was nice of him, since i mashed the F5 key to bits last year..remember it fell off at one point and i had to glu it back in before anyone noticed hahah
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:09 am

hehehehehe! I remember. you got it stuck and were fixing it with a knife then it fell apart all together. :D
mamamia

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:39 am

jeff sledging on straw bale is on KTUU website hahaha wil find a link...

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/category.asp ... enu510_4_3
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 am

Just caught up with this thread

The curry story :!: :!: Tears rolling down my cheeks. Speechless :lol: :lol: :lol:

Going to check Jeff King now
Another UK Fan

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:29 pm

this doesn't come under the heading of funny, but rather interesting- a team of borzoi.

i have a number of pics of borzoi in harness, but am still looking for pics of the legendary greyhound sled team. i heard of them some years ago, but have never found any photos of them, other than one of crossbreds that are supposed to be a team in their picket. the way i heard it, someone had put together a team for sprints of ex track dogs, and raced them both on snow and with rigs....blanketed up in the snow, of course.

anyone know about this story?
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk