Ruby No I

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ruby No I

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:28 pm

mamamia wrote:Still, I always start and end here at home where I can babble to my heart's content. :)

:lol: Hey Mama, I love your babble! :D

If my memory serves me well, still have your pic of Martin? :lol:
Di*

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:37 pm

WOW...M buser and Iten into ruby at +12mph....the course MUST be good...the times tell all...or do they??? ;)

dsw
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Told ya he had afterburners TSFR! :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby mamamia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh yes Di! I stil have my pic of Martin! And I am eternally grateful to the UT's for getting it for me! Mrs. UT gave him a hug for me but I'm not satisfied... I want to get one in person! Maybe next year.
mamamia

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey mamamia, like Di says, I love your "babble"! :D :D

Perhaps I was a litttle too hasty to count the others out! :mrgreen:
Heidi

Postby mamamia » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:53 pm

You guys are so sweet! It makes my heart feel full.

It looks like things have slowed down for a bit with the race so I'm going to get some sleep. I'll catch back up with ya'll tomorrow.

Peace
8-)
mamamia

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 pm

mamamia wrote:It looks like things have slowed down for a bit with the race so I'm going to get some sleep. I'll catch back up with ya'll tomorrow.

Nite...sleep tight! (What does "sleep tight" mean anyway? ;) :D )
Heidi

Postby Langbein » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Looks like Backen is on the track again....
Langbein

Postby SamAtUnk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:52 am

It'll be interesting to see Iten and Seavey on the river, they have Backen on their tail. Did Backen happen to drop any key dogs.........mushers follow other mushers when their dogs are playing headgames or in heat, or they have lost a key leader. Other than Mackey/Hobo, I have not heard anything about any of the frontrunners losing key dogs. Seems Backen should be pursuing King and leaving Iten/Seavey. I think that Iten did the right thing by pulling up the hook and doing his 8 hr in Kaltag. It will give him some options on the coast (assuming everyone rests 4/5 hrs in Kaltag, while he rests 8). He better take it in Kaltag rather than Galena.

Also Baker and Swenson look like will work their tandem on the Yukon, which lessens the stress on their leaders, where they leapfrog each other and give their dogs a break on leading, similar to what Seavey and Burmeister did last year between Idit and Shag if I remember right.

It will be an interesting night and am. Race on
SamAtUnk

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:58 am

And of course there's the dog in heat on Lance's team. Wonder if that puts a step or two in the dogs following :lol: ;) :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk