Ruby No I

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ruby No I

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:02 am

Unfortunately it sounds like she is back in the team, Lance said the dogs keep turning around...thus all the tangles....might be some little Larry's in the future ;) been known to happen ;)
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:05 am

:lol: :lol: Yeah i know, was just pondering the fact that there's a girl dog in heat ahead of all the other teams and wondering if that might make the other teams pick up their pace ;) just wondering :lol: :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 am

I must say that Jeff King and his team impresses me. Out of Ruby and still 16 dogs, and keeping good pace. I wonder what happens when he gives his leader the word...
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:21 am

fladogfan wrote::lol: :lol: Yeah i know, was just pondering the fact that there's a girl dog in heat ahead of all the other teams and wondering if that might make the other teams pick up their pace ;) just wondering :lol: :lol:

Oh ya....yup...you are right, I didn't think about that....especially with the warm temps keeping the scent fresh.... :shock: Could give Jeff a lift :shock: maybe Kjetil too...this could get VERY interesting :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:24 am

I know MotorWerk....and in person both he and his wife are wonderful people too...just in a bit of a different way then Lance....the race has offfically begun...whoppiieeeee here we go :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:27 am

Here's a picture of Backen on his way into Ruby.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/sport/article2301247.ece
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 am

:D :D :D 'take my picture' looks like that dog is saying :lol: :lol: :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:36 am

:D :D My thoughts exactly :D :D A great shot.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:37 am

Wow, his team looks GREAT :D :D :D I love the dog looking right into the camera :lol: :lol: :lol: Like hey ya it's me, what did you expect? :lol: :lol: :lol: Do you know which dog that is? He looks like he has a sence of humor ;) :D :lol: :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:38 am

Sorry, don't know which dog it is.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk