Ruby No I

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Ruby No I

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:46 am

Wasn't that just the cutest pic though? Thanks for the link....took a bit for my DU to but was well worth the wait :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 am

Sigrid is out! Go girl!
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby aren » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:22 am

I have had a look at the current standings and see that Kjetil rested in Ruby for 8:00, but in the current standings "the Yukon 8 hr rest box" is not ticked out. Why :?: :?: Do the mushers have to declare their 8 hr rest along the Yukon too when they arrive at a checkpoint :?: :?: If so, can Kjetil have forgotten this ;) ;) Or, is this just a case of the, not so unfamiliar, poor updating of the stats by ITC :?: :? :?

aren
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:52 am

Check out Zack Steer. He rested 7h 58mins at the cp, and has not got ticked off on the 8hr mand box... A big mistake by him or by the ITC? :shock:

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby Happy2BeHere » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 am

You know, there's a great deal of information that does not make sense (disclaimer: I'm still in need of more coffee this morning). Martin "rested" an additional hour? Mitch has 11 dogs? Paul has found a way to convert rocket fuel to dog food? I'm sure some of it is just general confusion, but there a couple of things here that look like the daylight savings gremlin bug bit someone in Galena -- changed their watch a day early.

Oh well
Happy2BeHere

Postby tilstede » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:02 am

They also "took" 3 of Dee Dee's 14 dogs, but they were "delievered" back to her someplace down the trail :-D
tilstede

Postby Happy2BeHere » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:03 am

I think we need to send some coffee to Galena :D
Happy2BeHere

Postby tilstede » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:07 am

Make it strong :-)
tilstede

Postby aren » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:16 am

Happy2BeHere wrote:I think we need to send some coffee to Galena :D

They sure seem to need it. Kjetil's 8 hr rest box is ok now, so it may look like the strong coffee did wonders :lol: :lol:
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:18 am

Also Baker and Swenson look like will work their tandem on the Yukon, which lessens the stress on their leaders, where they leapfrog each other and give their dogs a break on leading,

This is also what Gebhardt and Mackey did last year allowing them to shave considerable time off the leaders and leaving them with lots of gas in the tank for the push up the coast.
mamamia

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk