Can you help with this one?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Can you help with this one?

Postby Vero » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:50 pm

All my country men and women have probably gone to bed by now... I can`t get this song out of my mind and I can`t seem to find it on YouTube (Isnt that where you can find everything these days, said the old woman of 37..) Anyway: It goes something like this: "I did, I did, Iditarod....!!!" Does it ring a bell? :D
Vero

Re: Can you help with this one?

Postby Happy2BeHere » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Hobo Jim "the Iditarod Trail"? I'll see if I can find a link
Happy2BeHere

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Vero - can't help you with the song, but thought you'd like to know you're not the only European still following this! :lol:

Made me feel better to see you are still here :D

Why are we here when we should be sleeping? :lol:

Hope you find your song.
Another UK Fan

Postby deafcat » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:55 pm

The first year we followed the race my kids found a video on-line with little animated clay doggies running around... gosh, that was a few brain cells ago...
deafcat

Postby anned » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Vero, here's a link to a sample from it --it's Hobo Jim's "Iditarod Trail Song."

http://dogsled.imeem.com/music/1KCpXu_o ... rail_song/
anned

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 pm

deafcat wrote:The first year we followed the race my kids found a video on-line with little animated clay doggies running around... gosh, that was a few brain cells ago...

Oh that sounds really sweet
Another UK Fan

Postby Vero » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh, thank you, thank you!! :) :) Now we europeans can listen to this and stay awake a litle longer! And UK Fan: you have nothing to complain about, you`ve got an hour more of daylight than us vikings. It`s really dark outside, and my home made friday pizza is getting cold. and even worse; my bottle keeps getting empiter... but hey: ITS FRIDAÆY! :D And thanks again for that link, you saved my day!
Vero

Postby Another UK Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:29 pm

Vero wrote:And UK Fan: you have nothing to complain about, you`ve got an hour more of daylight than us vikings.

:o I forgot that - you're right!

How do you do it? The secret must be the home made pizza - how did you find time to do that? :!:
Another UK Fan

Postby Vero » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 pm

UK Fan: Just because the sun decided to visit us an hour befor the Great Empire to our left, doesn`t mean you cant keep a "stiff upper lip" and wait for the morning you know! ;) How do I do it? Oh, Its easy. You take one bit of love for the race, some red pepper, onions, cheese and the rest is a secret resipe! http://dogsled.imeem.com/music/1KCpXu_o ... rail_song/ by the way, I registrated on that page that was linked and downloaded the whole song, its really great! Talkes about spesific check points and all. :D It sure keeps me awake! Or maybe its the "vina la rosa" from Chile... :D Skål, everybody! (and don`t remind me of this to morrow... :oops: )
Last edited by Vero on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vero

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:42 pm

Another UK Fan wrote:Vero - can't help you with the song, but thought you'd like to know you're not the only European still following this! :lol:

Made me feel better to see you are still here :D

Why are we here when we should be sleeping? :lol:

Hope you find your song.

I'm here still :D
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Next

Return to Mushing Talk