Light a Candle

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Light a Candle

Postby sugarriver » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for the bump mama - I was going to, but being a newbie, I wasn't sure if I should. One doesn't want to dwell on the sadness, but I know we all feel despair and support for those affected so far. Trying to keep this forum positive and supportive makes it a toss-up whether to call attention to it - but it WAS getting lost on page 2! And thanks for posting the link in the first place. It has helped for the last three days.
Last edited by sugarriver on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Postby mamamia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 pm

sugarriver,

Thanks for your support of this thread. And don't ever hesitate to bump anything you want to. The threads belong to all of us.... newbies and old crones like me alike. ;) I've been trying to keep this thread on the front page throughout the race without being pushy about it but with all the excitement of today it slipped to page 2 while I was at work.

Welcome to the forum.
mamamia

Postby Another UK Fan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reminder - had forgotton to top up - for the new groups
Another UK Fan

Postby mira » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:21 am

Not sure if this the right place, but oh well..

There is a third dog (it's the third, I think?) who is gone. Cargo on Iten's team passed away between Elim and White Mountain yesterday.
We might want to light a candle for him as well..
mira

Postby Di* » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:43 am

Oh no Mira, sorry to hear that, poor Ed! :cry:
Di*

Postby mamamia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Poor Ed. :cry:

Also, don't forget all the teams still on the trail.
mamamia

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 am

our lantern is still burning..11 days now and we wil keep it lit till the last musher crosses the line. you can get the oil burning ones quite cheap, we have had it in the window upstairs in the flat above the pub, its gonna be a tradition now that we light it for the quest, irod and sweeps and add the race and winner to the side of the lantern.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk