POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby mira » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:59 pm

I've been cleaning up after the party, put all the papers, maps and stats in the shelf.. archived. It's spring time! Some daffodils lighten up!

It's nice to look at the Nome Council, see the two teams traveling the trail the other raced last week (http://www.nomefix.com/nome-council-live-tracking/).

It was "waffleday" here yesterday, so I leave some waffles Norwegian style, some with butter and "brunost" (brown cheese), jam and gelees and sour cream, and some with butter and suger (I know some prefers it like this).
mira

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks mira, and the tracker for the Nome Council race is the one we like!
Loved the waffles, even tried the brunost aka brown cheese, interesting!
Is waffle day celebrating a special day?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:06 am

Waflle day is just a day for eating waffles! :D

Ugh... we really needed to clean this space up... so I took some time off the snow shoveling to clean up some dust. I also moved some spiders to the shed.

The lanterns are ready, the maps are ready...I left some tulips, just to brighten up a bit and some lamb stew with sweet potatoes.. in case some one hungry pass by!
mira

Postby libby the lab » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Stopping by with Chocolate Espresso cake since it is National Chocolate Cake day!
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 am

OK I've got a big crock pot of chili cooking over on the table by the electric plug. (we do have electricity in here, don't we? need it to run the computers---right?)

Sorry tx and the rest of you Texans, this chili has beans in it. ;)
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:59 am

:o :o :o BEANS!?! OH NO, the horror! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: We are in the middle of trying to finish a remodel on one house, move in to it, and fix up the house we are in for sale. So I probably won't get to be around for the start, but will check in later as I am able. Since FDF left some chili, I have a variety of breakfast tacos that I'll leave here by the stove. Let's see, we have egg, cheese, bacon, bean, and potato combos this morning. All good with chili--even the kind with beans! :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Bowls of chopped onions and shredded cheese next to chili. The corn bread just came out of oven, smells so good.

flowerpower wrote::o :o :o BEANS!?! OH NO, the horror! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: We are in the middle of trying to finish a remodel on one house, move in to it, and fix up the house we are in for sale. So I probably won't get to be around for the start, but will check in later as I am able. Since FDF left some chili, I have a variety of breakfast tacos that I'll leave here by the stove. Let's see, we have egg, cheese, bacon, bean, and potato combos this morning. All good with chili--even the kind with beans! :D :D
very tasty flowerpower.
fladogfan

Postby JeanieB » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Just stopping by after sharing some time with a bunch of you in the chat room while watching the start of the Quest. I went to the mailbox and got my Tokatna patches! Wonderful day. I'll leave a basket of blueberry muffins and some honey butter for morning, and stoke the stove for the night. Maybe I can wait an hour or 2 before checking the tracker for the 1st time. :o
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby adella » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Tried a new recipe this week for a lemon bread. Everyone liked it so will make some more and drop it by in morning. Great with coffee. Never did get the live stream to work—frustration
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Feel like I need to update my avitar, but can not figure out how to get the pixel and overall KB count down, so here is the latest picture of the triplet litter. They are now old enough to break trail!

abc (2).jpg

I think I can get them to help clean up the place!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk