POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:44 am

KL you've got my vote about that too. So glad to be here with all these dog lovers.

mira wrote:It's party time! Just have to celebrate a Norwegian victory, 15 years after the first one!

IMG_20180314_150408.jpg

(we call them skolebrød or solboller)

mira, at the Norwegian area in Epcot there is a little bakery, they sell skolebrod and it's one of my favorite foods there. However, yours looks much tastier, did you make them?

Think I'll leave a big pan of pecan sticky buns over here, be sure they are cool enough to eat without burning your tongue. Fresh coffee is ready.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I was Mooselook (our kennel name) on the Cabela's forum. Still smile thinking about the UPS men comments and laughter, drinks with tiny umbrellas, the poems and limericks and so much more. I lurked for two years before I got the nerve to join the conversation. Everyone was having so much fun, I finally had to jump in. Didn't hang too much on the ITC forum and resented tremendously the promises they made, and broke, when shutting down Cabela's. Won't we always be grateful for Johncn and the BSSD for putting up the IditaProject Forum practically overnight. And here we are, how many years later, coming together with old friends, making new friends, enjoying the races, and celebrating the dogs. Whoot, whoot! Thanks for the Cabela's archive link, Eggs. Think I'll take a cruise through it for old time's sake. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby libby the lab » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Just took a few pies out of the oven for PI day. Apple, pecan, pumpkin and chocolate brownie. Ice cream and whip cream outside in Mother's Nature's refrigerator!
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby JeanieB » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Got the munchies after a tremendous day of celebrating all of those athletes coming under the burled arch, so I'll grab a piece of Libby's pie! Yum.

Congratulations to Joar and all of my Norwegian friends here. He ran an impressive race, AND he was my Top Pick!

Moose, I followed the same route to my friends here; lurking for a couple of years after stumbling onto the Cabela's forum while placing the 1st order I ever made on line. Didn't know what a forum was, but my interest was peaked by Cabela's sponsorship of Jeff King. I was lucky enough to have breakfast with John C. and his gang from Unalakleet in 2008 in Anchorage, the morning of the ceremonial start. I would never have imagined I would actually meet so many of you in person, and feel like I know some of you I have'n't met just as well.

I just got a flat of fresh strawberries from Florida, so I'll leave a bowl of them here with some dark chocolate for dipping. Sweet dreams, all you good friends.
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 am

I've been out more than in lately. Mother Nature dumped a big big BIG white on Mooselook all day Tuesday and into the overnight. Light snow fell all day yesterday. A grand total of 31 inches landed here. Still much shoveling to do after a quick peek here and at the videos. BUT. . .did someone say pie?! A slice of apple for me, please. And yes, just a small scoop of ice cream. Anyone else? Coffees around? I'll pour.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby mira » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:47 am

You deserve more than just a small scoop with all the shoveling!

And yes fladogfan, they were home made, that's why they are so uneven :lol:

But the pie is delicious, I made some pancakes, didn't find any maple syrup but I guess some one might have some?
mira

Postby Eggs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am

Moose, my sister is shoveling out too.. well, they've been shoveling for a while.. expecting the roof is on the shovel list today.

Last night I went out to a gathering to which a friend had brought dehydrated orange slices (fancy thin things) and she'd added chocolate on the tops of them. They were killer so I absconded with a bunch which I'm depositing here. Good for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Sorry mira, flat out of maple syrup :(
Eggs

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:06 am

Oh, wait! I've got syrup. I've got syrup. Fresh from the sugar shack a mile down the road! I'll warm some up on the woodstove. The aroma will make the place smell and feel downright New Englandish. Perfect for dipping Mira's sol broller. And then I'm off again to shoveling. Still got 2/3 of the back deck to do. And like your sister, Eggs, my roof needs tending to as well. There's an actual wave of snow breaking over the top of the roof. Frozen in place, of course. No idea how to deal with it all. The rake won't reach it, even if I could get near the house. Tell your sister that misery does love company and I'm grateful for hers!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:33 am

incoming brownies!!

lol dilli

sorry missed the finish chat, i was watching but was busy at work. off to see who won the tt picks
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Eggs, those orange slices are delish. Tried them dipped in the maple syrup. Oh my are they good!
A little red wine goes well. I leave the rest of the bottle on table.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk