POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Yummmmm
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby JeanieB » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Looks like a lot of leap frogging, like always early in the race. No use to really be checking the GPS now, but we won't let that stop us. So if you get up early in the morning to see who is doing what, I'll leave some pancakes and maple syrup just boiled down from our trees. Oh, and some honey butter, too. Enjoy! I'm leaving an extra batch for Frozen to reward that awesome live visit to the start! :D
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:51 pm

I brought some Texas barbecue and peach cobbler....help yourselves! Vanilla ice cream's in the fridge!

I've noticed the spiders are out in full force...what's with that? I didn't notice them previously. So which of you brought them? :x I'm scurrying around trying to kill as many as I can before Moose sees 'em! Yikes, one just dropped down from the ceiling right in the middle of my plate of pancakes!!! :o
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Heidi shh!
Moose will never be able to come in here if she knows they can get inside!
Tangles is going to be upset you are stomping his spiders.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Eeeeeek! They dropping from the ceiling. . .and landing in the food? This place is off limits to spiders or it's off limits to Moose! Moose don't mix with no spiders. :roll:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Heidi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Ok fdf, I'll stop killing 'em, but Moose is on her own now. ;)

Btw, have you ever seen what a brown recluse spider bite looks like? Google it - unless you're eating something right now. :o
Heidi

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:28 pm

I'm mostly happy to share my space with the arachnids, but not the brown recluse. I've found a couple-dead, thank goodness-out at the lake house. That was when I decided I needed pest control out there. Even though most of what seems to turn up dead are millipedes. I must have vacuumed up a thousand of them by now. Anyway, I haven't had time to do much cooking, but I am going to leave some nice soothing chamomile tea steeping here by the stove. Moose, have a cuppa, and calm those nerves. These little spiders are the great great great great grandkids of Charlotte, who resettled to Texas and warmer climates a few years back. I've had a chat with them and they agree that Texas sounds like a great place for a spider, so I'm bundling them up and bringing them home. It's all safe now!

babies.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:02 am

awww all the babies have up and left for texas, good place for the young uns.

only the trail hardened Alaskan winter spiders are left here now as usual moosie. these guys are all old fat and lazy and spend their days arguing over who was better mackey or butcher, who was faster swingley or smyth and the run rest scheduals. They have their ears ( do spider have ears????) to the ground when it comes to the race and that spider thread is like a telephone wire. they have direct contact to all the check points other spiders, all apart from Iditarod where there are no longer any spiders anymore. The last ones up and left after the race no longer went through for a few years and moved to Huslia.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:30 am

Okay, friends. Thanks for the tea, Flower. I will have a cup. But no more spider talk. You're creepin' me out. I'll just say, Mattie, that your imagination is positively stellar, your stories superb. Always make me smile.

So, I've left some bakery cinnamon raisin bread, thickly sliced, and honey butter. Drop a slice or two into the toaster and eat it warm. You'll find a nice crunch to the crust, soft in the middle. (I'm assuming we have a toaster in here somewhere. Do we?)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby sc-race-fan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:41 am

Yes Moosie, of course we have a toaster, over on the shelf! It's a camp model that sits on top of the stove burner, and you have be very watchful, as there is not a "pop up when done" feature! If you sit down during toasting, you will miss the sweet toasting spot and the fire alarm will go off, so no sitting during the process! Takes all thickness's of bread or other toastable items, so enjoy those English Muffins (delivered by Tangles), or some New York Bagels, but my personal favorite is a thick slice of Beer Bread.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk