POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby flowerpower » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Cheers to Joar! Run dogs Run! :D :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby braider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Before Cabela's, The Iditarod web site had a decent forum - Cabela's actually took it over from them. But, I can't think of the words to use about what they've had lately - sheesh! - Some thanks to Grits for trying
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby Heidi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm

braider wrote:Before Cabela's, The Iditarod web site had a decent forum - Cabela's actually took it over from them. But, I can't think of the words to use about what they've had lately - sheesh!

I was on that one I think. Was HeidiTX back then. (Some people still call me HeidiTX...Frozen??? :lol:)

Agree about the current "forum" although I'm only speaking of the actual forum, not the participants. :P
Heidi

Postby flowerpower » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 pm

I was on Cabela's for a couple of years before it tanked. I was 'houndharpy' back then, and decided to change to something sweeter sounding when we moved over here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby braider » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Heidi wrote: Agree about the current "forum" although I'm only speaking of the actual forum, not the participants. :P

I agree, nothing about the few participants that it has - the forum is just hard to navigate
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm

braider wrote:
Heidi wrote: Agree about the current "forum" although I'm only speaking of the actual forum, not the participants. :P

I agree, nothing about the few participants that it has - the forum is just hard to navigate

I certainly agree with you there braider, it's not fun. Grits is the best thing over there. Sad because so many people get their first forum fix on ITC's site.

I did, back when Cabelas was the sponsor for the forum. I joined just after Heidi, Mith and ??? were 'discussing' the brown shorts UPS men. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever year that was, that's how long I've been here. Have made some good friends here and have even got to meet some of them.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Eggs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Still have the link to Cabelas archive: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cabelasiditarod.com
ITC forums are crap now. But what really ticks me off is that they dumped the archive of the old forum... did that maybe 3 years ago? There was a wealth of information in that archive. There was no reason to do that - as there is no reason they've made the current forum less functional every year. Well, maybe they have a reason, but it'll be a smelly one. Even ITC FB has gotten worse (were that possible).
Eggs

Postby sc-race-fan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 am

Yep, got my start on the older forums too, Always been scracefan, as when I started we had Sonny King, a vet from SC doing the race and I wanted to support him. I do remember ya'lls older forum names!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby mira » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:21 am

It's party time! Just have to celebrate a Norwegian victory, 15 years after the first one!

IMG_20180314_150408.jpg

(we call them skolebrød or solboller)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mira

Postby klmobile » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:15 am

Those look yummy Mira!
One thing we use to do on the old Cabelas forum was post poems and short songs and such, maybe someone can write one for Joar.
I feel lucky to have found all the people here that share the love for these dogs.
The best place to enjoy any of the long distance sled dog races is right here hands down!
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk