POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby flowerpower » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:08 pm

We have a small spider that has been living, of all places, in the passenger side rear view mirror of our suburban. We know this because every now and then she comes out and builds a beautiful web that is attached to the passenger door. This has been going on for months. I have never seen her (or presumably her children, how long does one spider live anyway??). She is still with us here in Florida, so she's quite well traveled!! I've grown accustom to her presence and will feel somewhat sad when the web no longer appears.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:17 am

:o Eeeeekk!! :o :o :o
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:47 pm

Well, I spoke too soon about never having seen our spidey. Today we were tooling along about 50mph and I looked out and there she was! Clinging for dear life to one small strand of silk and desperately trying to make it home. I held my breath as she struggled up the strand that was whipping in the wind. Success! She made to the edge of the mirror, paused to catch her breath, and scurried back into her home! So she is still with us, and I think I shall call her Morada! :D :D And in her honor, I am leaving a very tasty key lime pie in the fridge. Enjoy!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:35 am

Amazing strength in that little spider!
Yum key lime pie, I'll leave a batch orange rolls over near the warmth of the stove, enjoy. Made a new pot of coffee, half & half in the snow bank out front.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:08 am

"I think I shall call her Morada!" In honor of your household? Or her houseold on wheels? :? < Oh, look at me trying to smile when in conversation about a spider! :o < There, that's more like it!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:42 am

:lol: Oh moosie, you and the spiders :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:28 pm

We are in Islamorada where she made her valiant fight for life, so hence, Morada. She is a very cute small-ish gray spider. And very determined! You'd like her if you got to know her! :D
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:14 pm

My best advice, FP: Keep your car windows closed. Turn on the heat or air, depending on the prevailing weather conditions. :ugeek:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby mira » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Spidy-spiders, the girls were scared by one the other day, they were kind of cute and mama is still useful :D

Anyhow, I left some pizza and brownies on the table, leftovers from a pre-birthdayparty.
mira

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:16 pm

Tell the kiddos I commiserate with their spider misery. :o
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk