POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Loving Bruce and Greg this year, hilarious!!! They seem to be having a blast this year and i be thoroughly enjoyed their banter and insights this year. Brilliant!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:40 pm

I think generally the coverage has been great this year. I can't keep up with the data, reports, updates, and videos. Very grateful Elsie is here to fill in the gaps for me.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:36 am

It has been fantastic compared to previous years where it has been decidedly lacking.
Well done insider
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:23 am

Maybe not having such a big field of teams to cover meant not stretching their reporters so far.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:35 am

You know, I think having a smaller field, with the best of the "not-so old-timers" still running and a whole crop of up-and-comers, has made the race more exciting for me. With Ryan the presumed winner at this point after generations of his family's involvement without a championship, the excitement ups big time. And having the top three all Indiginous People mushers is huge. (Sort of like the excitement at Can-Am with women winning all three races this year.) None of these teams are underdogs by any stretch, all well able and proven, but opportunities opened and it became anyone's race to win.

Run Ryan Run!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby mira » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:38 am

I agree Moose! :)

..and now.. I'm looking at the tracker, three teams already on their way to Safety (Ryan is on the loooong beach stretch to Safety), and I went to check on the back, and they are almost into Unalakleet :o

I think I'll sit down in the sun, drinking some hot chocolate with cinnamon rolls while I'm waiting..

PXL_20230314_133355195.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mira

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:33 am

mira wrote:I agree Moose! :)

..and now.. I'm looking at the tracker, three teams already on their way to Safety (Ryan is on the loooong beach stretch to Safety), and I went to check on the back, and they are almost into Unalakleet :o

I think I'll sit down in the sun, drinking some hot chocolate with cinnamon rolls while I'm waiting..

PXL_20230314_133355195.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS they look delicious Mira!!! :D where's the drooling emodji when you need it?!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:17 am

Get the party ready! Ryan is less than 20 mile from Nome!
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:21 pm

I hope there's a cinnamon roll left. It sounds perfect following the FIVE CUPS of coffee I've had today! I never have five cups, one after the other. But yesterday's nor'easter left a mess here today. I've been moving from cleanup project to project with breaks in between. THAT's where the five cups of coffee came into play. I'm done with coffee but a cinnamon roll would be devine. Ooh. Look: One left! Thank you, Mira! :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Breeze » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:00 pm

Needing sustenance in the BBG, so here comes a big vat of tomato-macaroni soup, an acre of garlic bread, and another acre of Tiramisu. There's red wine behind the bar, and white in the back snowbank. We've got a day or 2 yet, so take a load off and indulge. ( I can do vegetarian, but vegan just doesn't work for me. There is no dairy or meat in the soup. Garlic bread is groaning with butter and cheese, the Tiramisu has a ton of mascarpone. Sort yourselves. )

I really want to see Bridget bring this one in, and finish. She looked GREAT sailing into UNK.
Breeze

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk