POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: POT LUCK PARTY IN THE BREAKERS BAR AND GRILL

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:54 pm

In the local supermarket here.... well until the panic buyers stripped it of everything edible and somethings that are not
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Got this from the fortfiends.net site.
In case you need to go shopping this is what's left.
https://slate.com/business/2020/03/coro ... arket.html
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Hahaha. I buy some of that vegan stuff and actually like it! :o :shock: :?
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:50 pm

:lol: :lol: according to that article you don't have to worry about running out ;)
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 am

Here I come with french toast, hot blueberry topping, whipped cream, and hot coffee. Also, head hanging in shame. :oops:

Maybe it was because I was up until midnight and then up again at 3:30 am to see Thomas Waerner in. Maybe I'm not the fan I used to be. Despite two naps yesterday, I spent the day and evening in a blur of fog. The head is in a fog again this morning. I think 2020 marks my last late-late night/early-early morning finish. <Sigh> Carry on, the rest of you. :shock:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:18 am

Mmm....blueberries. I'll add a bowl of fresh picked strawberries, too. You're better than me Moose! I didn't even try to stay up, or wake up for the finish. :( :( :(
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:50 am

Moose wrote:Here I come with french toast, hot blueberry topping, whipped cream, and hot coffee. Also, head hanging in shame. :oops:

Maybe it was because I was up until midnight and then up again at 3:30 am to see Thomas Waerner in. Maybe I'm not the fan I used to be. Despite two naps yesterday, I spent the day and evening in a blur of fog. The head is in a fog again this morning. I think 2020 marks my last late-late night/early-early morning finish. <Sigh> Carry on, the rest of you. :shock:

NO! Moose, it's just this year, wait till next to say no more.

I fell asleep reading maybe about 9pm, then woke at 11:30PM, still very sleepy, of course had to check what was happening, libby the lab was in chat and with her help I stayed awake till after Aliy arrived. YAY GOALIYGO. Went back to sleep at 2:30AM, slept without waking till 8AM. :shock: I never sleep that late! Sure felt good. Even Taffy did not wake me early or if she tried I didn't hear her :lol: It was a good thing for me to stay up and wait for Aliy GOALIYGO because I don't think I would have been able to wake up for her.

OK now are there any french toast left and where is the blueberry topping, yum sooooo gooood! Thanks.
I'll leave a bowl of freshly sliced Plant City strawberries.
fladogfan

Postby libby the lab » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:57 am

Fladogfan enjoyed seeing Aliy in with you. I didn't wake until 9AM!! Not have morning activities I have to do during COVID-19 fuels my late night habits!!
Leaving some mixed berry oatmeal for all :D
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 am

Still slicing Plant City strawberries, picked yesterday, fresh home made short cakes and a big bowl of slightly sweetened whipped cream. Dig in.
fladogfan

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am

Setting out a platter of North Carolina style pork BBQ. (it's the one made with vinegar/black pepper based) cooking sauce. There are buns and RED slaw (that's the one using the the sauce as the liquid with the cabbage), for a sandwich, in addition to a platter of hush puppies. Be sure to get them while they are hot.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk