Daylight Savings Time?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Daylight Savings Time?

Postby cat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:51 am

Breeze wrote:
cat wrote:Breeze, sounds like Anchorage right now! Had to hang up the skate skis & get out the hiking boots with vibram today. Next time out I need my cleats. What an icy, slushy mess.

Cat, have you met Yaktrax?

http://yaktrax.com/products.aspx

Seriously rock for these conditions. Wish I could buy them for my car!

:?: Oh yeah, those would be chains

Breeze

Yep, Breeze. We have a number of pairs. I have them on my boots right now. We collect them- find them in the summer on the hiking trails out back. I would have busted by bottom this morning without them. They certain are great.
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Cat :D :D :D Hi Breeze :D :D :D Hi FDF :D :D Hi braidier :D :D :D Hi everyone :D :D :D :D

Sorry to hear you couldn't skateski cat....but hiking is fun too :D :D :D The race is getting exciting, isn't it? and Team BSSD SBT have the sat dish up and ready for the teams arrival...they said probably noonish AK time for first arrivals......whooppiieeee.....And we will get the news first too thanks to them :D :D :D :D Happy Dance :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby braider » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 am

It's been fun reading along about your trip Mith - lotsa things to never forget. :) None the less, welcome back, it's nice to have you here. ...Dave
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby Breeze » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Love you all!

Mith, sweets, what a TRIP YOU HAD!

After race we can schmooze and I can regale you with tales of " Officious Passport Agents" at certain ports of call in warmer climes. Sometimes a uniform and a badge is all it takes to send someone over the edge of reason and you'll never know what season of reason is rhyme or reference.

My post here tonight is verification that I DID survive my early morning commute ( 26 miles of good jeep, good jeep, good jeep) 3 flooded roadways, 2 near derailments of fan belt, and I WAS NOT LATE TO WORK!

WHY? ??? WHY did I feel i had to do it?

Thats why I love y'all.

You know.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby mithious » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks Dave..nice to be back :D :D :D

Definately Breeze...would Love to hear all about it :D :D :D :D

I'm sitting here reading my signed copy of Jeff's book while waiting for news, seems fitting ;) .....Lance needs to write one now.... :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk