Nulato Checkpoint #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Nulato Checkpoint #1

Postby Biggie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Any idea why Ryan Redington scratched in Ruby?
Biggie :geek:
Biggie

Postby Langbein » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:58 pm

mamamia wrote:A quick check of the tracker shows Backen at 0 mph on the trail but only 3 miles out of Nulato. I don't look at the tracker enought to tell you how long he's been there.

Hmm, my map shows him 150 yards from the Nulato marker. :!:
Langbein

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks for that Langbein. I was looking at the tracker and thinking that something wasn't right and noticed up top that the time clocks were totally off so I refreshed the page and lost my connection. I went to the I'rod site and still couldn't connect. I'm glad someone can tell what's going on. I haven't messed with the tracker enough to know all its quirks.
mamamia

Postby sugarriver » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Biggie - one good thing on the iditarod.com site is the Press and Media button. The updates are almost instantaneous. You can find "scratched" reasons posted there.
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Jessie Royer into Nulato with a very competative time. (The fastest so far) It looks like she is seriously racing this year. Maybe she will break the top 10. Good for you Jessie!
mamamia

Postby Biggie » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Thank you Sugarriver. I didn't see the press area.
Biggie :oops: :geek:
Biggie

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:30 pm

Kjetil is into Nulato at 5:19 pm in 7th place with 14 dogs
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:48 pm

I keep waiting and waiting for the next group to come into Nulato. It is taking them a really long time!
mamamia

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:09 pm

mamamia.... http://www.adn.com has an Iditarod 36 part and on that is an stats update...not ALL the info, but in the format that is simple to read and all on one page......has the mushers palacement, time in and out of CP, amount of dogs in and out, and the man's checked off or not....I've been using that instead of the other sources and it seems to update when refreshed quite well.....just a thought ;) :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Langbein » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:58 pm

Backen out of Nulato according to GPS.
Langbein

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk