Pet Foods Recall PSA US/parts of Canada.

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Pet Foods Recall PSA US/parts of Canada.

Postby Breeze » Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 am

At the risk of repeating information you may already have seen elsewhere, here is a link to a Maine newspaper article about the expanding pet food recall. Locations and brands involved continue to expand.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/05/09/b ... -to-maine/

I had a new bag of food for Spirit which I returned to a Tractor Supply store last Sunday, and they could not have been more accommodating .. I was blown away by how knowledgeable and helpful they were..... they really didn't want ME to even HANDLE the bag I was returning, even though it was unopened. Exceptional service deserves mention.

This was another food switch on the fly for Spirit as I literally had not a crumb left of his prior kibble . Not a problem, just like the last go-round.

This recall is actually protecting the Hoomins, as dogs aren't as susceptible to Salmonella as we are.

I'm not gonna rant about food safety...... it can be our hamburger, lettuce, bean sprouts or lunch meat as easily as pet food.

Be safe, and be well!

Breeze
Breeze

Return to Mushing Talk