"Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: "Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:24 am

perhaps they could get volunteers to help at the race with champeroning folks around that are differently abled to other fans. perhaps any idita buddies there could volunteer to help and show ITC they way forward by assisting them and helping them out. kinda of a we appriciate the work your doing and as loyal fans...we'll help you out by taking some of the burden?

maybe just an idea.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby emwcee » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:41 am

Mith, Thanks so much for sharing. How appropriate that you received your good news on Easter.

You have a story worth telling, and I hope you can share with others to encourage them to seek good out of difficulties. Have you thought of writing your story as an article or even a book? If you need help writing, perhaps I could be of assistance.

But perhaps your story is not finished. I'm really hoping you can go again in 2009 and achieve your dream.
emwcee

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:38 pm

emwcee wrote:...But perhaps your story is not finished. I'm really hoping you can go again in 2009 and achieve your dream.

Wonderful news. Good work Mith, Spirit, and ITC. And ditto what emwcee says! :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Breeze » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Mith,

I'm just sayin'..... you aren't NEAR done with Your Life story, but the better we know ya, the better it gets.

Stay close to your providential roots with Spirit, thats where there is strength in numbers and organizational support.

Love you girl, YOU ROCK..... rain or shine, the Day Must Go On.

huge hugs and a lotta love from this dog house to yours!

Breeze
Breeze

Postby akjohnsong » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks for sharing the terrific news Mith - through your strength and perseverance positive change is taking place. It has been a joy and a privilege to be able to share some of this experience with you - the good times and the bad. I am humbled by your openness and willing to share and hope that you will keep us informed as things go forward and let us know what we can do to assist and to inform others. Take Care, Greg
akjohnsong

Skype ID: akjohnsong

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk