"Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: "Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

Postby MotorWerk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:49 am

That's great news.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:57 am

What a wonderful Easter blessing! I mentioned before, and I truely believe that everything happens for a reason, even if we are unable to understand what in the heavens that reason must be. Mith, I know the trip did not work out exactly the way you had envisioned, but just remember the incredible way this has spread and touched so many lives. Obviously, someone else's vision was greater than yours! Ripples in the pond, my friend, ripples in the pond! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby dilli » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:14 am

((((((((((((Mith and Spirit))))))))))))))

I wish this Incident on 4th Ave. had never happened to you, but it did.
Mith, your hurts are our hurts, your joys is our joys. We're all part and parcel of the Iditarod Supporter Team. What affects one Iditarod team supporter affects us all.

Personally. I am so very sorry your surprise dream trip was marred by a misguided public servant who consciously chose to treat you and Spirit in such an unprofessional and disrespectful manner.
Perhaps this misguided individual will learn and grow in a positive way from this encounter too, someday.
However, like we've discussed many times privately, you adamantly chose fto hold true to your belief that a greater good would result for the benefit of all Iditarod race supporters if we teamed together in a positive spirit of cooperation to fix the problem so it wouldn't happen again to anyone else in the future.

I'm very very proud and grateful to you, Spirit, the ITC and the many anonymous concerned individuals who stepped up to the plate, chose to become involved in a team effort to work together behind the scenes in a spirit of mutual cooperation to resolve and solve the able disabled information and accessibility problems which your unfortunate experiences on 4th Ave. in Anchorage on March 1st revealed.

My gentle sister/friend and beloved Spirit (together, you are one) ... Be comforted, healed, and abundantly blessed. A greater good to and for the entire Irod team community has manifested, prevailed and will grow. The race you love and support with every fiber of your being is a better public event today for all Irod supporters than it was yesterday.Whoohoo! Works in progress .. HIKE!!!!!!!

It's a glorious brand new day full of joy, new opportunities and abundant blessings

Feel the Iditabuddy love. Just feeling the Iditabuddy love.
*incoming brownies and rice cakes*
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Johncn » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Mith,

Great news, and I'm so glad that the discussion was kept productive despite how difficult your experience was.

Thanks for sharing the news with us, and please keep us all posted on the dialogue with Chas, improvements of the process, and any details as you become aware of them.

Happy Easter!

Regards,

Johncn
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby JerseyGirl » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Dear Mith and Spirit,
How wonderful that something good and positive has finally come of your difficulties at the Iditarod. Celebrating with you here in New Jersey!
Happy Easter!
JerseyGirl
JerseyGirl

Location: New Jersey in my heart, Tennessee with our grandchildren

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Yes Mith, very HAPPY news! :D I have been wondering if there were talks going on about this and now I know! Thanks for keeping us up to date and I'm glad the ITC took these steps to address what happened! :D
Di*

Postby Breeze » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Mith and Spirit,

I'm batheyes here, not just a dripping, leaky faucet.

Mith, you haven't survived and learned from your hurts and struggles all these years to NOT thrive and grow in your voice and presence. Spirit came to you to help with the presence and allow you to be mobile, and give more energy to your voice.

I am so proud of you both I could about burst, Niagara Falls anyone?

hard to see the screen. Kleenex alert!

I'm a PK ( Preacher's Kid), I'm sure a few of you remember my sadness around my Dad's passing just before the 2005 Irod start.

PK's can be hugely irreverent souls in some folks minds, but I will put this up for Mith and Spirit ( and remember my Dad is watching...... from the Rainbow Bridge)

" God Works His Will in mysterious ways, His Wonders to perform, but His Will doesn't just work IN CHURCH on SUNDAY

Love you all!

Breeze
Breeze

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:44 pm

WOW, What great news.....I am also grateful for your update Mith, as we were all waiting for information as to the ITC's response and plan. Sounds like they have one now that will just needs to worked.., and then refined, as all lasting plans are. Ditto, Breeze's posting; "not just in church on Sunday". Mush on!!
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Jan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Mith & Spirit - what wonderful news this is. Grinning with ya' today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jan

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:04 pm

What a good day for such good news! God is constantly working in our lives and sometimes we are blessed to see the results! Good has come from a sad situation. I hope, Mith, you are able to some day be back in Ak, for another start, to get to see what you missed this time.

Good for you and everyone involved in changing attitudes, knowledge and understanding about other abled folks. Good for ITC and Chas, thanks guys.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk