"Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: "Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

Postby crazeehorse » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:02 am

Moose wrote:Image

Tenny's Santa hat brings her such comfort and joy that she wears it during periods of contemplation and deep meditation. :D

:lol: :lol:
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby crazeehorse » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:20 am

Wow.....its amazing what y'all got accomplished.....Im stunned by you all, and overjoyed to see this dream in action!!!

...this is really cool......
Dont mess with Mother Nature.
crazeehorse

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:20 am

just checked in after a 22 hour shift...managed a few posts here and there and a few quick sneeks at the live start.

mith you rock, you now got your own sled!wooowowowoooooo!
just keeps getting better! i hope you can get closer at the restart today. so cool of everyone to be helping out. the lovely sarah palin ( yippe for susan butcher day!) said it best when she said that the spirit of iditarod was spreading good will and love around alaska...( or something similar) not just alaska but the world sarah!

who would have thought that we owe all this, first of all, to 2 lucky sweds back in 1890 something who discovered gold in nome, who started the goldrush, which started the iditarod trail, which led to folks finding gold, which led to betting on whos team is faster, that started folks racing dogs, which led seppla to bring siberian huskies across the bering sea, which led to him winning the sweepstakes, which brought the power of the dog teams to the fore front, which allowed the mushers to save the kids of nome from diptheria, which led to media attention world wide, which led the sport of mushing to grow, which led to reddington and page starting the iditarod in 1967, which led to the race growing to be a golbal affair which led to fans hooking up on the internet to follow the race, which in turn led us lot to get mith to the start of the race and to form bonds of freindship world wide that know no bounderies or borders!!!

the magic of iditarod...

... now if those two lucky sweds could only know what they have started!..in fact... being the generous guys they were who passed on the secret of gold in nome to everyone else... they probably are up there high fiving and smiling away!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:16 am

JohncAn - the pics and story you posted - can't thank you enough for keeping us up to date. You're definitely an Iditarod angel :D

To all the iditarod angels - thanks for posting, fixing, picturing, reporting. :D

Mith and Spirit - you are truly inspirational angels. Huge thanks for letting us in on your visit.....more emotional overflow....keep overcoming and go girl go!

Sunhusky - good to hear Hazy is getting better. I know a bit about double end eliminating with my dog....not pretty and not good. Of course you needed to stay and watch over her. The other thing - about no more iditaroding this year? You can't be serious???? Please tell us you were just a little tired, or we misunderstood.

Love and big wave to everyone :D
Another UK Fan

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Mith requested that I post this story. I told her she should tell it, but no, she insisted I tell you guys. I might have a couple of minor facts wrong, but basically this is the gist of the story...

She was almost giddy when she told me:

"Heidi, I was flirted with for the first time since my accident!"

It was after she had enjoyed lunch with Karen and Lance on Thursday, and she was in a restaurant/bar at the MIllenium sitting with some Iditabuddies. Some guy walked in with a "Texas" hat on carrying a couple of bags and sat down. An Iditabuddy leaned over and said, "He's flirting with you." She was like no way, but she looked at him and smiled. He waved and she was like "Me?" He pointed and said (mouthed?) "Yes, YOU." She blushed and smiled. He later walked by her when he left and KISSED her on the cheek! :shock: :shock: :D :D He also mentioned something which I'm not at liberty to say. (Get your minds out of the gutter people! LOL ;) :D) Mith was in shock and apparently didn't mind the kiss! :D

She thought you guys would like that little snippet of her Iditarod Experience!!! :lol:
Heidi

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:15 pm

What a lovely story! Makes you go all giggly and silly :lol: Keep your poise Mith! :D

oooooo thanks for sharing this :lol:
Another UK Fan

Postby Johncn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey All,

Mith is watching the Restart as we speak....just not where she expected ;-)

Here some pictures taken about five minutes ago of Mith, Spirit and Cat are all here at the Whale's Tale watching the Insider stream of the Restart on John's computer.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:22 pm

WoooHooooMith get use to it, your smile should make men melt. ;) ;) Plus+++++look at the dog you hang with, Spirit ought to be a "guy magnet" 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fdf :D

ooooo photos just came in. Be glad you are inside and can hit the party scene without the traffic jams coming back from Willow :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Thanks John! I LOVE the pictures!!!!! Say "hi" to all for me! :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

(extra emoticons just for Mith!) ;)
Heidi

Postby boo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:24 pm

So COOOOOOLLLL!!! Mith, you minx!!! Thanks for keeping us informed all....
boo
boo

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk