"Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: "Mith & Spirit in Alaska - Continued"

Postby flowerpower » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 am

WooHoo! CONGRATs Mith...Now we really have a reason to post :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You better have LOTS of good reports and pictures, or we will send :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: after you! As John says, that is just "wicked cool"!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:21 am

mithy.......you have me in tears, i feel so proud that we ahve all ben able to help your dream come true! dreams do come true mithy dreams do come true!!!!!!!!.

im just sorry we cant all be there to share it all, if i was a millionaire i would spend my last penny to get all the iditabuddies there to carry you up the steps to gwennies ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so looking forward to hearing all the adventures. its so great we have such a big iditabuddy family going on here from all! over the world!!!.

well.....im just looking out the window and the winter sun is setting through the stark tree tops, the temps dropping and its got that yellow/orange hew to it and looks beautiful! ive got to dash get the truck loaded and ship out to the training trails as we are running again to night, i was palying with the team last night training swopping dogs about and giving lolly some time in single lead, wolfey up front and kirra in wheel, she hates that but works like a deamon, lolly was a bit worried about being on her own in the dark up front but was fine with kirra next to her....so we are gonna get some miles in tonight as running with mike and his team!

just wish mithy we could get you on a dog team....hey any iditarider places left anyone know...whats the chances of getting mithy in a sled for the start!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 am

tanglefoot wrote:mithy.......you have me in tears, i feel so proud that we ahve all ben able to help your dream come true! dreams do come true mithy dreams do come true!!!!!!!!.

im just sorry we cant all be there to share it all, if i was a millionaire i would spend my last penny to get all the iditabuddies there to carry you up the steps to gwennies ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so looking forward to hearing all the adventures. its so great we have such a big iditabuddy family going on here from all! over the world!!!.

Me too tangles me too, I wish .....if I was, I would too, just so everyone could share the dream..... :D :D :D

Another news up-date :D :shock:

ADN is going to do a phone interview with us next week..... :shock: HSDM, where I got Spirit from, e-mailed them and they want to do a story about us :shock: :shock: :shock: Just talked with Michelle at HSDM this morning after I had posted... :shock: :shock:

oh, HSDM stands for Hearing and Service Dogs of Minnesota :D :D :D

I promise to take lots and lots of pictures...even though they won't be "proffessional" ones....I hope I can get the angles right with the sun...Boo gave me some ideas and suggestions about the sun and such..... :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tilstede2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 am

Wow!!!

Mith; as I read the situation coming up, you'll be in need of a spokesperson very soon. And someone to administer your appointments, meetings, trips and banquets :-)

I hope you have made a run/rest-schedule both for the days before and after the 27th. And - remember proper nutrition please! For example pasta is used by marathon-runners, so that kind of food should be suitable :-)
Last edited by tilstede2 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
tilstede2

Postby Di* » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:52 am

:D Ditto what Tilstede said, you have the momentum now Mith, this thing has a life of it's own!! Jeepers, creepers, guess I can say I knew you when!! :lol:

Sure has been quite the year so far, new forum graciously provided for us by the BSSD, forum members winning races, becoming stars, seeing the Iditarod first hand.....WHAT IS NEXT?
Maybe one of us becoming that millionaire?! :lol: :shock: :lol:
Di*

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 am

I'm buying a lottery ticket this weekend.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Di* » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:05 pm

:lol: Good Luck Motor! :D
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:12 pm

wow! just got back from training..they were little stars! and ran thier furry socks off!

mithy can i have YOUR autograph please? hee hee you go girl as we want to see or read copy of that interview!!!!!!!

go mith go!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Breeze » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Mith, there are no words for how very happy I am. What an adventure you will have!!!!

I need kleenex, and I can just imagine you do too!

Love you, YOU ROCK!

Breeze
Breeze

Postby JeanieB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Mith, I am so very excited about the pennies from heaven! When we were sharing Lance's win last year at this site, did either of us have ANY IDEA we would be able to enjoy the start and all the festivities together on Front Street1!!! This family is truely a Blessing and Blessed!

Love ya all, through the tears.
JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk