Real life mushing

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Real life mushing

Postby tilstede » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:11 pm

To be enjoyed, a video clip from a trip in norwgian montains:
http://www.snorokk.net/video/2008/WindyTrail010308.wmv
tilstede

Re: Real life mushing

Postby mamamia » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:31 pm

That was very cool! It looks like some serious wind they were dealing with for a while!
mamamia

Postby tilstede » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:36 pm

Yes, indeed ... a good training run for my dearest friend, she is going to a race next week. Wasn't she cute?

Edit: I think the video shows a Yukon-look-a-like scenary
tilstede

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Very cute, were you running the camera? Good looking dogs and they didn't get tangled 8-)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tilstede » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:10 pm

No, I was not there ... she was training with some close SH-friends living som hours off the area where she and I live.
But we are planning to go out on some training runs together after easter time. I am supposed to learn how to mush, so I can be able to help her with training nest season. Up to now, my contribution have been to add weight to the sled :-)
tilstede

Postby mithious » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Oh good for you tilsede :D :D :D :D Happy Dance :D :D :D :D You will get to run a team......I can't wait for the report after :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Return to Mushing Talk