NRK Archives

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

NRK Archives

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:02 am

Found something in the NRK (Norwegian broadcasting Corp.) archives you should all see. It's about Bjørnar Andersen in the Iditarod. I'm sorry I haven't been able to subtitle it, but it should be interesting nevertheless.

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/87863

Enjoy!
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Re: NRK Archives

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 am

...or rather - his preperations for the Iditarod.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby dilli » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks MW .. bookmarked! 8-)

Did you ever see this interview Mushing Magazine did with Robert?

http://www.mushing.com/articles/content ... =5&uid=338

Lost it laughing when I read this:

MM: What happened with Bjonar in the Iditarod last year?

RS: Bjonar was in love. That is what happened
We've got treats
dilli

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:02 am

Hehe, I hadn't read that article. Thanks. :D
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby tilstede2 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:47 am

I have neither seen the tv-program nor the article. Thanks both!
Me and the cat have had a lazy afternoon on the coach, watching running dogs :-)

Even saw the apetizer on Iditarod.com - did ypu check it out?
(You may want to close your eyes at this point, dilli, don't know if your dial-up is up to it :(

But - here's for everyone - big Jon Little-stories: http://iditarodblogs.com/news/
Read about Sigrid Ekran's wrong turn in Copper Basin.
He sure is a great writer!
tilstede2

Postby dilli » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:38 pm

:( NRK link isn't 56k dial up friendly ... and Tilstede, you're right :| ... neither is II's 2008 promo, which I've tried to download three times .. connection kept dropping about 1/2 way thru the download. Very frustrating.
Undaunted , I'll try to download it again very late tonight. :roll:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Di* » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 pm

I had the same problem Dilli, but what I managed to see was awesome! Gonna try to watch all on a high speed connection another time.
Suppose everyone is getting tired of us poor dial-up people complaining but it(dial-up) is becoming more and more of a handicap with all the video clips/links out there plus all the pictures everybody wants us to post! Posting a pic takes me all afternoon to download etc. so it takes dedication!
Di*

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm sorry dilli, I didn't think about those on dial-up when I posted the link. It is absolutely not 56k d-u friendly. Maybe you could watch the programme at a friends place or something? The first half of the programme is Bjørnar preparing for the Iditarod, we see him train and race the Femunden 600 - the 2nd half is from Alaska and has some stunning footage. The programme is 35 mins long and was at the time broadcasted as part of NRK's regular nature series.
-exit body, exit mind-

MotorWerk

Postby tilstede2 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Dilli and Di, do you have a problem with photos in this forum?
Should some of the threads be kept as photo-free zones?
Or - photos only in tagged threads?
tilstede2

Postby Di* » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Tilstede :)
Well the pics do slow things down but I don't want to make it an issue for everyone else.

That was very kind of you to suggest that(pic free zone) though! I figure I can deal with it(hopefully you'll let me complain once in a while :lol: ), just breeds more patience on my part and maybe someday we can afford to get a faster connection out here in the woods! :)
Di*

Next

Return to Mushing Talk