goodnight all

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: goodnight all

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:16 pm

well im orf up the wooden hill to ,just seen jessie then deedee come in so thats about it for me for tonight...stay safe on the trail all who are still out there running and resting...happy tails and trails all and safely to nome..keep em' northbound!

till tomorrow

nite nite all and all nite nite
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Happy2BeHere » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 pm

Off to bed. I'll see all of "you" (and a lot more mushers) tomorrow!
Happy2BeHere

Postby Biggie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm

What a day !! What a week +!! To see the finish on live cameras to having live play by play. This Forum has been the best. I appreciate all the good things everyone has added to the discussion over the last few days. Having followed this race for a lot of years, I can truely say this year was special for a lot of reasons, the closeness of the competitors throughout the race, the use of technology to improve the armchair experience but most of all the great folks who day in day out sit in front of screens throughout the world to cheer on 80 plus dogsled teams travel over 1000 miles through a land way up north. Heidi a special thank you to you for inviting me to join the group here on this forum. I can't thank you enough, I would have stayed over at Iditarod.com if not for your invite. John - you are doing for students what I wished more people would do - allowing students to use the technology that exists to further education. I would love to send some of our number one export to your students (cheese), but need to know where and how much.

I also need to thank my wife who puts up with my late hours and endless talking about the events and the people I meet through this forum. She did get a kick out of the Trail Breaker saga. That was so good in those hours when the action was a little light. Dilli and Tangles what imaginations you have!!

Good Night and I will be back tomorrow for a while to catch up on the news of the day but there are a number of real life things that must be dealt with in the coming days like doing the taxes that won't wait any longer.

Good Night
Biggie :ugeek:
Biggie

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:53 pm

well just finished work ..19 hours! and checked stats and posts. and off to bed..this is sooooooooo exciting a race!!

will post the awards tomorrow for all to see

till then keep an eye on them dawgs and mushers for me!!

tangles...........sleepy.......zzzzzz :) :shock:
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Nite all,

Time for me to leave this excitement until tomorrow.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:07 pm

No clouds tonight, so I'm out in the yard with my telescope, maglite and notebook.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby glengarrian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Wow had no idea it was so dark in the UK. Over here we don't often need flashlights to see the stars. ;)
glengarrian

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:22 pm

sleep dep catching up see y'all tomorrow
hope there will be good news about Zorro and the other dogs
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby CynCyn37 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Good night (all) Don't let the bedbugs bite!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk