UNK Checkpoint - Live Stream!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: UNK Checkpoint - Live Stream!

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

And now we have our own on the scene reporter, and I trust his reporting ;) ;) ;) Thanks again JohncAn, your team is the greatest... I soon have to do the 11pm feeding, so JEFF get it together so I can see you go.. Jeff arrived about 1hr 30 min ahead of Lance, so if he leaves soon he's got almost 3hrs more rest.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Did I miss something SC, I thought Lance only arrived about 1/2 hour after Jeff?
Di*

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:31 pm

The "Official log" shows Jeff at 14:02 and Lance at 15:32.. That's 1 1/2 hours. OUT: Lance at 18:17 and Jeff at 19:01 that 46 minutes after Lance for a net additional rest of 2hrs,15min.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:36 pm

I saw that on those "official" logs too SC but I was watching the live stream and saw Lance come in and I'm pretty sure it was only 1/2 hour after King...those "official" timekeepers must be screwy?
Can John, Sam, Chick..anybody else explain these discrepancies?
Di*

Postby lower48fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Well now live streaming up again, when do you expect paul Gebhardt, should be soon, no?
lower48fan

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:55 pm

Could have been only half hr, instead if 1 and one half. This baby feeding thing has me leaving the system and losing all track of time :o :o :o !!! I just went to the stats to see what happenned. :D :D I guess we'll see if the stats change!! Handing off the monitors and going to bed... Will check in in the AM...
sc-race-fan

Postby cat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:01 pm

Looks like they are all having a blast out there playing around!
cat
(formerly ns on cabela's)
cat

Postby lower48fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Any word in UNK? Is Paul coming?
lower48fan

Postby Deerskin and Anja » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 pm

i don't know if something is goofed up or not, but all i see are three people, one guy in the foreground right, and two farther away, to the left, and none of them are moving at all... is it live or a webcam?
Deerskin and Anja
my service dog
Deerskin and Anja

Postby dhargraves » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:18 am

Update: The checkpoint stream will be interrupted for a few hours tomorrow morning at 8:00am AK Time for the IditaProject Broadcast, and then again at 1:00pm AK Time.
Damon Hargraves
Distance Learning Facilitator
Bering Strait School District
http://blog.bssd.org
My status
dhargraves

Skype ID: dhargraves

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk